Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jul 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

I started the keto diet because I was pre diabetic
I’ve cut out bread potatoes rice pasta, these are all high carb, the keto diet has been recommended by some health professionals for health related illnesses
I don’t do strict keto more of a lazy keto!

If you are on Facebook there are uk groups on there
Also if you can go and watch
The magic Pill on Netflix
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Keto, Atkins and Low Carb diets aren't fads they are a way of eating for life. This way of eating pushes towards cutting empty, highly processed carbs and focuses instead on nutrient-dense carbs like cruciferous vegetables and berries, lean proteins, healthy fats and for Atkins, whole grains.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

There was a good ,supportive page on Facebook. Keto for beginners I think it was .
Tried it and lost weight but felt truly awful and it made my migraines worse , use to have one a month but on keto I was having a couple a week no matter how much water I drank
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
There was a good ,supportive page on Facebook. Keto for beginners I think it was .
Tried it and lost weight but felt truly awful and it made my migraines worse , use to have one a month but on keto I was having a couple a week no matter how much water I drank
It's quite possibly Keto 'flu' or sugar withdrawal. It's not for everyone though.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
It's quite possibly Keto 'flu' or sugar withdrawal. It's not for everyone though.
Yeah I looked into all of that , was having bone broth etc.. tried to ride it out for 8 months but just couldn’t do it.
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Yeah I looked into all of that , was having bone broth etc.. tried to ride it out for 8 months but just couldn’t do it.
Have you tried Atkins 40? This way of eating is still low carb but allows for 40g of carbs per day so you can add in whole grains, oats and legumes. They do advocate limiting calories to around 1800 per day as you don't get into ketosis, but they have a free tracker that you can track all your food, water, exercise etc.
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
Have you tried Atkins 40? This way of eating is still low carb but allows for 40g of carbs per day so you can add in whole grains, oats and legumes. They do advocate limiting calories to around 1800 per day as you don't get into ketosis, but they have a free tracker that you can track all your food, water, exercise etc.
Ah interesting,thanks .
I’ll look into it 😊
Old 16 Jul 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Keto works because it cuts out calories from carbs so you are in a caloric deficit. If you cut out fats or sugar etc etc you’d be in a caloric deficit
Going into ketosis is not healthy for the body

medicalnewstoday/articles/324237.php

Carbs are a macro nutrient needed for the body

You need to eat proper foods, exercise and create caloric deficit. Diets like this and others where you have no idea of the amount of calories you are putting in y Ur body create short term fixes but are no sustainable in the long term

Also, 1800 calories a day or 1200 or 1500 is a one size fits all approach. Some people need a lot more calories than others to lose weight.

Edited at 05:20 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Keto works because it cuts out calories from carbs so you are in a caloric deficit. If you cut out fats or sugar etc etc you’d be in a caloric deficit
Going into ketosis is not healthy for the body

medicalnewstoday/articles/324237.php

Carbs are a macro nutrient needed for the body

You need to eat proper foods, exercise and create caloric deficit. Diets like this and others where you have no idea of the amount of calories you are putting in y Ur body create short term fixes but are no sustainable in the long term

Also, 1800 calories a day or 1200 or 1500 is a one size fits all approach. Some people need a lot more calories than others to lose weight.

The Keto way of eating doesn't restrict calories, it advocates clean eating with a myriad of lower carb vegetables, berries, nuts and healthy proteins and fats. In eating small amounts of healthy fats, you feel fuller more quickly and blood glucose is more stable. As a contrast, WW and Slimming world allow heavily processed foods.

More and more Dr's here in the U.S. are advocating a lower or low carb way of eating to try to stem the diabetes pandemic that is growing ever since the sugar conglomerates funded a study in the 60's saying that fat was the source of all evil.

I am a great believer in whatever works for the individual.
Old 17 Jul 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
I have been following this for a while. I lost weight very quickly but carbs have started to creep back in. The best tip i can give is watch your marcros it needs to be 5% carbs 75% fats and 20% proteins. Ultimately what i found is stick to your calorie goal and you will do well.
These macros just seem so unbelievably unhealthy to me