Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 17 Nov 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
66Caunce
Excited about Disney

Another three NowTV boxes purchased this morning - two Sky Cinema and one Sky Kids. I've now sold three, have three in my possession and three more to collect tomorrow.
£45 Hotels credit

November total: £165 Hotels credit
Running total: £270 Hotels credit
5/23 nights paid for

In other news, Amazon have brought back their three months of Music streaming for 99p a month. I've cancelled my iTunes sub (at £9.99 a month) and signed up for this instead, saving £27. I've been putting savings on subs into a savings account so this is building nicely following ditching Virgin Media TV and now this. Will be on the lookout for other cheap trials in February if anyone has any tips.
September 2017 - Port Orleans Riverside/Grand/St Pete's/Disney Cruise

September 2019 - AKL + Off-site
66Caunce is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

You can get bonus points on gift cards although not very many but if you can’t get discounted gift cards elsewhere eg Amazon it might be useful.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
66Caunce
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Stevelovesfl View Post
You can get bonus points on gift cards although not very many but if you can’t get discounted gift cards elsewhere eg Amazon it might be useful.
I thought they stopped this in favour of 20% discounts? I made a killing on the old 3V cards - those were the days. Have you got a link? Can't find anything online, bar 20% off.

Bought my final three NowTV boxes this morning. Sold four, have five and another three to collect on Monday. Not buying any more, having already spread the purchases across two Clubcards.
£45 Hotels credit

November total: £210 Hotels credit
Running total: £315 Hotels credit
6/23 nights paid for

Edited at 01:53 PM.
66Caunce is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Yes those were the days buying 3V with Amex and buying Tesco Gift Cards to buy more 3V with to earn free points. You need to use pay+ to buy gift cards and then points post a few days later at 1 per £4 and you earn on Tesco GCs not that you’ll be buying them as 4% is much better.

I’m buying them and will split them up and sell them when prices go up when the promos finish and should mean free points.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
66Caunce
Excited about Disney

Only sold one NowTV box in the last couple of days but it was a Sky Kids one which are proving hard to shift. Collected my last three this morning so sold five, have seven to get rid of.

Bought the twin cordless BT phone this morning, with 500 bonus Clubcard points. We haven't had a landline for 12 months now, despite paying for line rental with our broadband package. Should now get some use out of our 'free' weekend calls with Virgin.

As I used a gift card bought on Zeek with cashback credit, I'll need to work out the cost but, off the top of my head I think I've paid about £45ish.
£15 Hotels credit

There are also bonus points on TV wall brackets. Will look into those later today as we were thinking of getting one for the upstairs telly, which is just sat on an old desk we'd like to chuck out.

November total: £225 Hotels credit
Running total: £330 Hotels credit
6/23 nights paid for

Old 20 Nov 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 66Caunce View Post
Only sold one NowTV box in the last couple of days but it was a Sky Kids one which are proving hard to shift. Collected my last three this morning so sold five, have seven to get rid of.

Bought the twin cordless BT phone this morning, with 500 bonus Clubcard points. We haven't had a landline for 12 months now, despite paying for line rental with our broadband package. Should now get some use out of our 'free' weekend calls with Virgin.

As I used a gift card bought on Zeek with cashback credit, I'll need to work out the cost but, off the top of my head I think I've paid about £45ish.
£15 Hotels credit

There are also bonus points on TV wall brackets. Will look into those later today as we were thinking of getting one for the upstairs telly, which is just sat on an old desk we'd like to chuck out.

November total: £225 Hotels credit
Running total: £330 Hotels credit
6/23 nights paid for
We have this one holding our TV up and they are very good, hang like a picture and close to the wall.

amazon/Invision-D1...all+mount+hang
Old 20 Nov 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Soime discounted gift cards on offer, buy in a store using Pay+ to earn a couple of points.

giftcards.tesco/
Old 20 Nov 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

I'm following too
Old 21 Nov 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
66Caunce
Excited about Disney

Sold three NowTV boxes yesterday in a flurry of activity. Just got the four left now.

Signed up for a Tesco Bank current account this morning. I'm not switching from Nationwide, this will be a secondary account. 1 extra point per £1 spent in Tesco and one point per £8 spent elsewhere.

Still investigating the TV brackets. Thanks for the link, Steve.

Old 21 Nov 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 66Caunce View Post
Sold three NowTV boxes yesterday in a flurry of activity. Just got the four left now.

Signed up for a Tesco Bank current account this morning. I'm not switching from Nationwide, this will be a secondary account. 1 extra point per £1 spent in Tesco and one point per £8 spent elsewhere.

Still investigating the TV brackets. Thanks for the link, Steve.
Wouldn't you be better with an Amex gold for instance and earn 1 point per £1 so 0.5p. Using Tesco it's £8 for 1 point (3p for Hotels.com) so Amex would be 4p for your £8 and you get lounge access, just cancel card to avoid the fee. Unless of course you're doing something you shouldn't

I doubt you'll use the card in Tesco as 4% GC discount is better than 1% using the debit card even though you value it at 3%.