Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 10 Dec 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile Anyone got a dry soon heated airer?

DD in halls at uni and struggling to get washing dry. Very limited tumbledriers and soon found out it makes her clothes shrink. I bought her an airer but can't get stuff dry. Electric wall heaters so can't put stuff on the radiator. I've looked at plug in airers and the Lakeland dry soon gets much better reviews than a dri buddy. Anyone got one and if so is it any good? They're not cheap so don't want to get one if it's no good. Many thanks.
Old 10 Dec 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I haven't got one but we have a dehumidifier which helps the washing dry much quicker and also helps to keep the condensation down
Old 10 Dec 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
I haven't got one but we have a dehumidifier which helps the washing dry much quicker and also helps to keep the condensation down
That's a good idea. Her drying stuff in her room isn't a good idea as she has really bad asthma so she could have one of those in the kitchen with the airer.
Old 10 Dec 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
That's a good idea. Her drying stuff in her room isn't a good idea as she has really bad asthma so she could have one of those in the kitchen with the airer.
We originally bought one years ago to help with condensation in our old house and wouldn't be without one now
Old 10 Dec 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We’ve got one but it’s quite large. Works well in a small room with the door closed. However, if you’re putting it in a bedroom I’d invest in a dehumidifier too.

Edited at 01:15 PM.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Aren’t they quite bulky? I’ve looked at them but wouldn’t want it in the way.

My daughter uses the tumble dryers. But we have always used a tumble dryer at home and don’t have shrinking issues. There are a few things I don’t put in. Mainly Lycra dance clothes but otherwise I have what’s dried everything.

Re access to dryers. Dd said the laundry room is quite busy during the day but she tends to go early on a Sunday morning and she has the place to herself.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

The laundry facilities seem quite sparse in her accomodation for the amount of rooms compared to other places we looked at. At the moment she's got her airer on her corridor. She hasn't got much space in her room. I've got a little dehumidifier from Aldi in my porch as it gets really bad condensation in there as no heating. It works brilliantly but they only have them now and again. Off to look for a small dehumidifier 👍
Old 10 Dec 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I've had one delivered today from Lakeland for DS. I also bought the cover for it so the clothes dry quicker and no condensation apparently. He will keep it in his spare bedroom. He has a washer/dryer and it takes ages to dry his superkingsize bedding. I'm hoping this will be less costly for him.

Edited at 03:35 PM.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
DS has got one of these in his room & it doesn't take up much space
ikea/gb/en/products/l...-art-80242892/
Then he has his fan pointing at it so the washing dries quite quick
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Also interested in this as my daughter doesn’t have access to aTumble dryer. She has issues with condensation so the small dehumidifier also sounds good.
dizzymcfarlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List