Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 20 Dec 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I do a morrisons online shop every week, and I was told that the reason they do better than the others is that the food comes direct from the warehouse and not picked instore...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I do a morrisons online shop every week, and I was told that the reason they do better than the others is that the food comes direct from the warehouse and not picked instore...
Same as Ocado.

I've been doing my food shops online for years now and always use either Morrisons or Ocado for my Christmas shop without any problems. Booked my slot in October as I usually do
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Same as Ocado.

I've been doing my food shops online for years now and always use either Morrisons or Ocado for my Christmas shop without any problems. Booked my slot in October as I usually do
One of the drivers told me that the same drivers do morrisons and Ocado, they only know which one they’re doing when they get to work in the morning...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Always keep a frozen turkey in reserve at Christmas, eat it for a Sunday roast later on. Makes any ordering situations less stressful although not needed it yet
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Got mine from Costco last year and same this year. It’s labelled Jimmys Farm and it’s v good. I tracked down the place that supplies Jimmies Farm (its next door) and both buying direct from them as their own brand, and direct from Jimmys Farm was more expensive than exactly the same turkey from Costco. Its delivered in a box on Friday.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Always keep a frozen turkey in reserve at Christmas, eat it for a Sunday roast later on. Makes any ordering situations less stressful although not needed it yet
Great idea except if you are picking the order up on Christmas Eve like many seem to do, there won't be enough time for it to defrost.
Old 21 Dec 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Great idea except if you are picking the order up on Christmas Eve like many seem to do, there won't be enough time for it to defrost.
That is true, personally I wouldn't leave it that late, we picked up a vacuum packed fresh crown a few days earlier this year - I've never waited till Christmas eve
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Woohoobb View Post
Funnily enough I HATE turkey! It was some super organic, feeds 16 people whopper! Practically needed a crane to lift it! God knows how it fitted in an oven!
Sounds more like an Ostrich than turkey. Lucky they didn’t order half a dozen eggs too !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

My supermarket order is still showing the crown as ordered but in the meantime, my grandaughter's godfather went to the meat market in London early this morning for his own family and has brought me back a turkey butterfly - looks huge on the photo he sent. Never cooked one before so if anyone has any ideas?
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Love Morrisons too but they don't deliver in our area yet
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List