Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 26 Dec 17, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Absolutely no interest in all that hassle for what in my past experience has been rubbish that is brought in just for the sale or old stock no one wants.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Im on the lookout for a Mulberry hand bag when they go on sale for my 50th birthday next week 😊😊

Katie
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

I will be going to the next sale. I have gone the last few years because DS had a holiday job there so dropped him off and then went in for a look around. I like next jeans, they fit me great anda.ways do a long leg. I do t but from next throughout the year unless it's for someone else as a gift because I think they are usually overpriced.

Will also go to Boots for gift sets for all year for presents. I love soap and glory so I stock up on that. DH usually works Boxing Day so I go to while away an hour or two but this year he is off.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Im on the lookout for a Mulberry hand bag when they go on sale for my 50th birthday next week 😊😊

Katie
Selfridges had some reduced online
Old 26 Dec 17, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
Yes Mr Tom, I remember when I was little in the 70's, it would be on the news about the queues for the sales and there was always a person in a tent and sleeping bag at the front having been there for days. Online pre sales nowadays, you dont get this now.
This still happens but for different reasons now!

When brand collaborations are launched, for example, Louis Vuitton x Supreme earlier this year, some camped out for days based on rumours; the exact timings & locations were only confirmed hours before opening but there were still 1000's in each queue around the world!
They bought items but some had little interest in the sizes etc; some items bought for £100's that day were on sale & being bought for £1000's on eBay later that day!

Some at the front of the queue who had camped out sold their places in the queue to others who turned up shortly before opening for up to £5,000!

Crazy

Edited at 06:52 AM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
No in store Boxing Day shopping for me. I think it's pure corporate greed and bad for employees (especially as there are no trains and limited buses ) so as an ex retail worker I vote with my feet and stay away.
As a retail worker I totally agree, I refuse to work Boxing Day and New Year's Day (its voluntary where I work) so it would be hypocritical of me to go shopping on either of those days.
Old 26 Dec 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mulberry sale now online
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
This still happens but for different reasons now!

When brand collaborations are launched, for example, Louis Vuitton x Supreme earlier this year, some camped out for days based on rumours; the exact timings & locations were only confirmed hours before opening but there were still 1000's in each queue around the world!
They bought items but some had little interest in the sizes etc; some items bought for £100's that day were on sale & being bought for £1000's on eBay later that day!

Some at the front of the queue who had camped out sold their places in the queue to others who turned up shortly before opening for up to £5,000!

Crazy
Well yes, thats something going on sale as opposed to being in a sale,... but your so right...its crazy! But also back in the 70's
sales were few and far between, now they are every few weeks it seems.
Old 26 Dec 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Have been into our town and had a browse bought my gift bags , presents for stepsons ( we don't see them until Wed) presents from Boots for all year birthdays , as I buy the gift seta which are'nt really Christmassy & two pairs of slippers from NEXT , thats me done

They were queuing outside our NEXT @ 04:30 this morning, so the assistant told me ( they can be seen on the security cameras

As an avid NEXT shopper, I do wonder where they get half the dross they put out as I never see it in store, I know when I worked for a well known Dept store 30 years ago we used to ship the rubbish stuff in for sales from a warehouse near Chepstow.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I have absolutely no interest in sale shopping. There are always sales on throughout the year now, so not the exclusive sales that they were when I was a child. People would camp outside our family run department store and pick themselves up a real bargain.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List