Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 23 Jan 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinahrod
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by FloridaFairy View Post
Just booked the US,IOA and VB ticket.
Paid £40 deposit have to pAy the balance 8 weeks before.

Hoping to book SW,AQ and BG tomorrow after I've made sure that there's free parking as their website was a little unclear.

Fab info lyn1

Thanks again

Xx Ff xX
the website has now been updated to show the following:

NEW! For 2018/19 - Free Parking at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens with this ticket.
Dinahrod is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Afternoon, there are now so many companies/websites selling Orlando tickets how do we know who is legit? Do these companies have to belong to organisations like ABTA that p financial protection for customers? I know that that these companies are not travel agents but if we pay for our tickets in instalments after an initial deposit how do we know are money is protected?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinahrod View Post
the website has now been updated to show the following:

NEW! For 2018/19 - Free Parking at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens with this ticket.

Thanks for that but I think they updated it after I spoke to them yesterday.

I was trying to book the SW bundle and an offer came up for the Serengeti safari at BG for the princely sum of £0.00!
Each time I tried to book it took me back a few pages so I rang them.

A glitch on their website was sited as the cause and no I couldn't book the safari for £0 it would've been nice tho!

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MaureenJam View Post
Afternoon, there are now so many companies/websites selling Orlando tickets how do we know who is legit? Do these companies have to belong to organisations like ABTA that p financial protection for customers? I know that that these companies are not travel agents but if we pay for our tickets in instalments after an initial deposit how do we know are money is protected?
ABTA only really applies to travel agents and generally only applies to "packages" and "flight-plus" holidays sold by those travel agents. It doesn't necessarily protect ticket-only sales (see here - "Bookings for a single service, e.g. accommodation only: these are not legally required to be protected").

Buying tickets in instalments is no different to buying anything in instalments or paying upfront for later delivery/work (and the delivery or work can be completed several months or years later). There isn't a special scheme - although some places might sell you insurance to protect against this sort of thing. However, you do have some protection if, for example, you pay by credit card (see Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act), although note the £100 lower limit. See the following for a bit more information:

moneysavingexpert/sh...istration-help

So, in summary, other than general financial protection laws (such as that provided by credit cards) which apply everywhere, you aren't really protected at all if the ticket company goes bust.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you Nimbus for that information.
Old 26 Jan 18, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
honey monster
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Just ordered my tickets at £348 each. Cheapest I've found yet so thank you Lyn1 for sharing
honey monster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by honey monster View Post
Just ordered my tickets at £348 each. Cheapest I've found yet so thank you Lyn1 for sharing
You're welcome.

Welcome to the Dibb
Old 27 Jan 18, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post

The combo price has now fallen to £660 from £672, £653 with the save £7 promo code.
Already cheaper for me to tear up last weeks deposit and start again, but will sit this out and see how far this goes down.
Assume the better exchange rate has worked through.
Old 27 Jan 18, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fortunate 5 View Post
The combo price has now fallen to £660 from £672, £653 with the save £7 promo code.
Already cheaper for me to tear up last weeks deposit and start again, but will sit this out and see how far this goes down.
Assume the better exchange rate has worked through.
It's cheaper again with floridaescapes.co.uk £644 using the code saveten, but I think you would have to pay in full to get the price. orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk are selling it for £646.95 using the code super5, and you can pay a deposit. Links below.

floridaescapes/spe...-weekend-offer

orlandoattractiontickets...lando-PassPort

Another option is to see if themeparkticketsdirect.com will beat the overall price by £5, but I am not sure if they will as the other sites have offers on. It's worth checking though, they're open today until 1pm. See link below for the T&Cs.

themeparkticketsdirect/pricebeat.aspx

To be honest the offers are changing that quick it's hard to know what to do for the best.