Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Apr 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ASCollins
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Coffee Fans

I do not move until I have had my morning coffee (I know I am not alone in that). So, whilst staying at CBR, which is my best option for that first hit of sweet, sweet caffeine?

1. Use whatever is provided in the room (how often do they replenish these? Is it any good?) with the filter coffee machine.
2. Purchase some more premium coffee from a store to use in filter coffee machine.
3. Send a child for a refillable mug full of coffee from Spyglass Grille (staying in Pirate Room).

If there are other options (that don't involve sending a child into a park for Starbucks) then I am all (Mickey) ears.
ASCollins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

It will be the Cuisinart coffee maker. All the moderates have them. There will be a few Joffrey pods in the room but you can call for extra in the room or leave Mousekeeping a note with your daily tip for extras.
They’re not bad at all but on holiday I prefer making the walk over and getting the fresh coffee from the food court.
On holiday I’m bouncing out of bed... at home I’m hitting the snooze button. 😁
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wouldn’t recommend the cuisinart machines in the rooms in any Disney hotel (the deluxes we stayed in have had the same unit). The Joffrey’s coffee is probably ok but The coffee comes out tasting of metal - like the water has sat in the machine for a month! Yeuch. walk to the food court and fill up your Resort mug instead. Or take a travel kettle and a press pot/cafetière

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I love my coffee and have a bean to cup machine at home, unless things have changed radically in the last few years, decent coffee is almost impossible to find in the US.
It’s basically hot brown water, the hotel and motel coffee makers are ok but the stuff you put in it, is mostly dreadful and don’t get me started on the food court stuff
The only place we found decent coffee was a cart in AK and it was advertised as Espresso, that’s what you need in the US if you want coffee and not a milky, super sugary confection.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

In the last 2 trips I've not found a decent coffee-we went to a lot of places outside the parks as well. There's a few new places open this time so might venture there but for sure bringing my aeropress.
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I use the coffee machine in the room but I only put in enough water for 4 cups (the pack normally says it makes 8 cups) and then I find I actually get coffee that tastes something like coffee otherwise it is far to weak.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

We don’t stay onsite but our travel kettle and coffee from home is a necessity!
In fact my husband carries his around in a contigo flask so much we call it his sippy cup 😃
We both drink Alta rica instant at home but I am partial to a nice strong filter ( grade 5) in the french press .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The food court stuff is ok for an initial hit, actually better than it used to be when it was nescafe! But I'm not sane until I've had my hot pour of Starbucks Dark Roast of the day, the Joffreys at Disney Springs isn't too bad. DVC rooms have a coffee maker so I'll supplement the "supply" with some supermarket ground coffee.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

amazon/Aerobie-Aer...c=1&th=1&psc=1

and a small kettle ( we got one from walmart for $12 )

try it as home and find a blend you like, or risk it and go for one in walmart

fresh brewed coffee in your room
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
We don’t stay onsite but our travel kettle and coffee from home is a necessity!
In fact my husband carries his around in a contigo flask so much we call it his sippy cup 😃
We both drink Alta rica instant at home but I am partial to a nice strong filter ( grade 5) in the french press .
We take Alta Rica for the first night as we get settled in and want coffee quickly.

Used to get through tons of it at home until our Son moved out as he didn't like filtered - weird boy!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List