Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile Just found out I’m expecting after 8 yrs

So this morning I’ve had the shock of my life, I’ve just found out we are expecting a second child. To sum it up briefly due to endometriosis and low ovarian reserve we had completely given up after fails Ivfs and were completely happy and grateful to have our 8 yr old son, I am now so scared as not only do I have my endometriosis to deal with and higher risk of ectopic I’m also older (ok not that old but 33 compared to 26 when I had my son!) and I am type 1 diabetic which I wasn’t when I had my son. Can’t talk to anyone about it yet as haven’t told hubby (it’s also our wedding anniversary today so want to wait until he gets home from work!) so any advice? Particularly anyone that’s been pregnant with type 1, I do have a dr calling me this afternoon
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Congratulations! Fantastic news! I don’t have any advice regarding your medical issues, but I was going to say see a dr ASAP but I saw you are speaking to one. I’m sure the care you will receive will be excellent. I lost a lot of weight with my second due to bad morning sickness and that alone got me extra scans throughout the pregnancy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Fantastic news, congratulations, sometimes things are just meant to be.

I work in fertility so get very excited at stories like this.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations wonderful news, I have no advise other than rest and adhere to all Dr’s advise, lovely anniversary present for hubby
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Stories like this give me the most amazing chills 💕

I’ve no advice but just wanted to say congratulations and wish you good health in your pregnancy. Xx

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations. Wishing you a safe and happy pregnancy.
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

That’s amazing news, so pleased for you xx a close friend is Type 1 diabetic and she received excellent care throughout both pregnancies, she had a type of IV thing that constantly regulated her insulin levels and so her levels were more steady, I’m sure GP/midwife will go through options. Babies are higher birthweight, but by the end she was having weekly scans to check everything was Ok.
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

What an amazing Anniversary present to you both! Congratulations, its lovely news.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you so much I am still in so much shock, the last 3-4 years we’ve really put it behind us and accepted we were a family of 3, it would be such a cruel twist of fate for this to go wrong when we were finally happy and in a good place. Especially as I know it will probably never happen again for us.
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Congratulations and I hope it all goes well, I had a surprise baby at 38 which is well old apparently! She is 17 in August and we are just off to get her hair dyed blonde x