Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jul 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lovesdisney
Excited about Disney

Mobile Ketogenic diet

I saw someone today who has lost 3stone on the keto diet... no I know this is low carb diet, but anyone know more about it... any good websites/books diet sheets..
Old 10 Jul 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

I don't know a lot about it but look at 16:8 intermittent fasting as this helps you get into ketosis.
Old 10 Jul 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

I've done it/am doing it - started in January 2018 and have lost 4stone 12ilb! I'm lucky that my doctor is Dr David Unwin, google Low Carb GP, and he introduced me to it. It's a way of life now for me and I can honestly say I've never felt better. I also took up running and did my first park run in Jan 18, and took over 45 mins, walking/running. I now run 3/4 times a week and did a 10k race last week in 1hr 2mins and got my pb at the park run a couple of weeks ago of 29.30!
I reached 45 and was miserable and this have definitely turned my life around. I am pretty much where I want to be weight wise - would like the last couple of pounds just so I can say I've lost 5 stone, but not stressing about it. I weigh now pretty much what I did when I got married 24 years ago!
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry, as well as Dr Unwin also look at Dietdoctor.com - I use this a lot for recipes.
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

tim.blog/2018/06/05/the-tim-...etogenic-diet/ also look at Atkins and Carb counter. Tbh doesn’t matter what you choose but less calories than you need = weight loss.

Edited at 05:09 PM.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Eat less Move more. Calorie deficit is all that is needed to lose weight. I’ve dieted all my adult life, done every fad diet there is. Now counting calories, concentrating on macro nutrients. You need something sustainable, being in ketosis isn’t for everyone, I couldn’t do it as it made me feel ill although some have amazing results on it.

Choose a diet that suits you and not one that necessarily suits others (this was my problem, I’d do a diet based on some one else’s results, even if I didn’t like or believe in the plan).

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
Eat less Move more. Calorie deficit is all that is needed to lose weight. I’ve dieted all my adult life, done every fad diet there is. Now counting calories, concentrating on macro nutrients. You need something sustainable, being in ketosis isn’t for everyone, I couldn’t do it as it made me feel ill although some have amazing results on it.

Choose a diet that suits you and not one that necessarily suits others (this was my problem, I’d do a diet based on some one else’s results, even if I didn’t like or believe in the plan).
I agree, it’s no better than the old Cambridge diet type thing.
So you go into Keto, you eat no carbs blah blah blah, you lose loads of weight, you feel really happy with yourself, then you go on holiday, or Christmas or just feel you have lost as much as you want for now, start eating carbs and it all goes back on.
For me MFP is great, it encourages exercise which gets you moving, outside etc and boosts your metabolism, it encourages a trade off, so for example I fancied a wine tonight, so I went for a 50 min walk and then went riding tonight, it’s a trade off and that’s life.
Sometimes you are hungry whilst losing weight and that’s ok, you get used to it. I believe the eat less and move more approach is far healthier and realistic
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

I have been following this for a while. I lost weight very quickly but carbs have started to creep back in. The best tip i can give is watch your marcros it needs to be 5% carbs 75% fats and 20% proteins. Ultimately what i found is stick to your calorie goal and you will do well.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Calories in vs calories out, that’s all one needs to focus on to lose weight.

In my opinion, keto is no magic wand. A bowl of pasta is going to contain more calories than a chicken salad if prepared with care. It will also be more nutritious. Focus on protein/healthy fats over carbs, but I wouldn’t cut carbs from my diet completely.

My fitness pal is a great app to track calories
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Look up Dr Unwin and South Beach diet. You don’t have to go Keto, just lower carbs and it it proven to have significant health benefits (blood work etc). Yes, different diets work for different people but if you have any sugar cravings, including the need for starchy carbs, this is definitely worth looking at. It’s the only thing that I have found sustainable. You can eat some carbs and once you get to healthy weight you have healthy carbs - brown rice/pasta etc. I tend to just have a slightly smaller portion of carb now.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List