Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We have a special trip planned for 2022, and now I’m questioning it. $15 a day over a 2 week stay is a lot of money! We will probably still go next year, but I think it will be a very long time before we consider going again.

We're the same, we moved this year's trip to next, and luckily we've had an extra year to save so we'll go but it'll definitely out us off going again (sadly because we love WDW).

I’m anticipating that next years 14 day park hopper tickets “may” include Genie+ at a discounted cost increase eg 10 days for the price of 14 or something

We've thought the same, or a gift card towards the cost (like you get with hotel stays).

We'll pay for it because after 4 years of not going we want to be able to actually get on rides in what will presumably be an extremely busy year but we will do less than the 10 days in the parks we'd planned, and probably fit 2 parks in one day whereas before we'd have gone into a park just for an afternoon/evening. I expect there would be a couple more water park days as well (unless we suddenly have to start paying for rides there too...)
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by pinseekers View Post
Im not defending any of it, far from it, but it could have been worse. on the days that the hotel guests are not getting early access, they will not be able to book fast pass until arrival at the park. this means that for the first 2 hours the rope drop strategy could still be used, maybe with more ease if no fastpass queue at time. we used to book our fastpass for after 1130 so we could do the main rides in morning. may be wrong on this but just an early thought.

know this doesn't help with the lightning pass categories but will for other favourites.
Genie+ booking opens at 7am for all hotel guests. For everyone else it is when the park opens. If a park opens before 7am for hotel guests then I figure it’s a rope drop rush until 7am…but it appears they are no longer opening before 7am anymore on any parks

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I imagine it would be a bit like the availability previously after the first three fastpasses. You could only book one at a time then and so long as you keep refreshing could often keep the gaps to a minimum.
I believe they’ve confirmed it is one ride at a time, not three then 1 after the other

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick View Post
Genie+ booking opens at 7am for all hotel guests. For everyone else it is when the park opens. If a park opens before 7am for hotel guests then I figure it’s a rope drop rush until 7am…but it appears they are no longer opening before 7am anymore on any parks
Apparently only the paid for rides will be at 7am for hotel guests only, everyone can buy the ‘basic’ $15 package and book rides at the same time.
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 26
That’s not correct. Genie + opens for everyone at 7am. Onsite guests at 7am get the chance to pay the extra premium Lightning Lane for certain rides like SDMT. Everyone else can pay when the park opens if they choose.

Edited at 08:34 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
duckfan
Getting Excited

I can see this being offered for ‘free’ on uk packages in place of dining plans.

We’ll all then be a frenzy of rumours when free genie is going to be released and think we’ve got an amazing deal.
duckfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
That’s not correct. Genie + opens for everyone at 7am. Onsite guests at 7am get the chance to pay the extra premium Lightning Lane for certain rides like SDMT. Everyone else can pay when the park opens if they choose.
Thanks I stand corrected

May14, Sep15... Mar17
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I believe they’ve confirmed it is one ride at a time, not three then 1 after the other
Yes that is perfectly clear and in line with what I said…. it will be like *after* the first three fast passes previously, *when you could only book one at a time*”
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Rosie12
Earning More Ears

For me, this was a long time coming and not a surprise. If anything, I’m surprised that it’s cheeper then I thought they would be. Sure, it’s annoying that something that once was free we are now paying for, but Disney is a business at the end of the day. For me, maybe we’ll get one or two days with Genie+, but not every day. We’re not massive ride bagging people anyway.

The bug bearer for me is how they’ve taken so much away from hotel guests. Although, I’m the one still stupid enough to stay on site without all these ‘privileges’. Hopefully, they’ll include some Genie+ Passes with hotel stays based on standard of hotel etc.
Rosie12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

OK I threw my toys this morning and contacted Disney directly using an email i had from previous complaint i will report back with the response. Just to note last time i did this they actually phoned me to hear the issues.

I think im going though the 5 stages with this.

Denial "they wont do it"

Anger "they have done it im not going back!"

Bargaining "maybe uk guests will get some kind of package"

depression "time to book of site Disney hates me"

and acceptance.

In all honesty while i get this isnt Disney's problem my DS is disabled as a result cant ride alot of the higher tier rides. Its dawned on me that his mum and i would use fp+ to go on rides he cant and swap out keeping is time waiting for us to a minimum.

Now i have a choice of standing in lines for hours while he has to sit and wait which probably isnt an option or stump up the fee.

Im gutted but i cant see how i can work around this short of not going or just accepting the costs.

Edited at 08:56 AM.
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List