Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Aug 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lilpickle08 View Post
I've had an email from LM today with the refund options - and similar to you they've taken off the Full Flex and given me about £110 less.

Does anybody know if a chargeback would pay out for the Full Flex insurance? I've applied for a chargeback so not sure whether to hang fire. I know it's only an extra £100 or so but we could so with it right now!
My successful chargeback was for the full amount paid on my original transaction ( so yes, including full flex).

Personally, if they tried to clawback the full flex part ( was that £25 pp? ) I would see that as fair because it was an insurance product BUT I would not accept them taking anything else off!
Is that £110 you mention the full flex or is that an additional deduction?
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lilpickle08 View Post
I've had an email from LM today with the refund options - and similar to you they've taken off the Full Flex and given me about £110 less.

Does anybody know if a chargeback would pay out for the Full Flex insurance? I've applied for a chargeback so not sure whether to hang fire. I know it's only an extra £100 or so but we could so with it right now!
On my chargeback application it had the full amount of the original and a space for the amount I was claiming. Not sure why they paid the full amount. Maybe an admin error?

If the flights are cancelled I can't see how they can possibly think it fair to deduct circa £100, after the full flex had been deducted.

The way it's phrased makes it sound like maybe Aer Lingus decided the amount, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an admin charge by lm.

I guess lm rely on the fact that most people won't contest the £100 amount, but it does seem unfair.

lm may take a big knock in their reputation, but further down the line people will probably still use them if their flights are much cheaper than direct. That's why I bought them. Doh!

Hopefully I won't do that again.

Irrespective Aer Lingus have put me off if only for the fact that they sit on their hands until they get a formal code request from lm to refund. I also got a reply to a contact form from AL the other day. It wasn't even in response to my mid June contact form asking for a speedy refund to lm! It was in response to an end of May enquiry regarding concerns that my flight looked like it may have been cancelled. This nearly 3 month reply just referred me to lm without answering the questions. Still waiting for a reply to the mid June actual cancellation enquiry!

They also, if you can trust lm's site, have only refunded lm within the last week or 2.

Edited at 09:07 AM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilpickle08
slightly serious Dibber

We actually ended up getting our refund through Last Minute - we hadn't even applied for a charge back (awaiting paperwork) before Last Minute sent the details regarding the refund and asked us which option we wanted to go for.

So we ended up getting about £100 less than what we paid, but we did pay for Full Flex insurance so they've probably taken that off.

To be fair the refund has only taken 6 weeks which isn't too bad at all.
Lilpickle08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
katie1
Excited about Disney

Last minute success with charge back

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
No advice but just wanted to say I’m in the same position as you. I received my chargeback already and today had an email from Lm.com inviting me to choose how to get my refund. I’m just going to completely ignore it.
Hi we are in same position ignored last minute refund options as they wanted to refund us over £300 less if we chose cash refund. Virgin cancelled flight and their service had been terrible so do t want to book with last minute ever again. We raised a charge back and Mastercard gave us full amount straight away that was 4 weeks ago so 2 weeks to go before they can contest charge back . Anyone update us on wether they contested the charge back ?

Thanks 😊
katie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katie1 View Post
Hi we are in same position ignored last minute refund options as they wanted to refund us over £300 less if we chose cash refund. Virgin cancelled flight and their service had been terrible so do t want to book with last minute ever again. We raised a charge back and Mastercard gave us full amount straight away that was 4 weeks ago so 2 weeks to go before they can contest charge back . Anyone update us on wether they contested the charge back ?

Thanks 😊
Hello. I did a successful chargeback through Nationwide. I received the full amount back, including the full flex fee.
Last minute did NOT contest or try to claw it back and we are way, way outside the window in which they would be allowed to do it now so all good 👍
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

Mine are but my bank says they have no grounds ,they still sending me emails saying receive your refund when my bank did it in September they told me just to ignore it mine to was 100:less if I’d of took it with them now .x
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
katie1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Hello. I did a successful chargeback through Nationwide. I received the full amount back, including the full flex fee.
Last minute did NOT contest or try to claw it back and we are way, way outside the window in which they would be allowed to do it now so all good 👍
Fab fingers crossed for us just keep ignoring Lm emails
katie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
katie1
Excited about Disney

Corrinda Hope you get it sorted. How much time after you did the charge back did LM contest it ? They only have 45 days ? Been about 32 days for us 😩

Edited at 10:33 AM.
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Mine was early August so 100 plus days ago.
Old 19 Nov 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

Was on 45 days bang on but Havnt heard anything since apart from the constant email claim your refund which I’m just ignoring .x
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List