Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

I’d say it is a good price. I was very lucky to book a couple of weeks ago, and whilst the flight prices have only gone up a little, the car hire is now £800 more! Crazy.
You might not want a car in San Francisco - the parking is about $60 a day at hotels there. We’re picking up our car when we leave San Fran.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
That sounds really good to me! We are waiting to book for August 2 adults and 2 kids, plus car for 3 weeks, from lhr-lax return and it's coming out at well over 4k. About 1.5k more than it had been pre covid 😖 i dont know whether to bite the bullet now our dates are available or wait for the car prices to drop a bit.
It really hard to decide isn’t it🥴
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
It really hard to decide isn’t it🥴
It really is! I'm desperate to book so we can really start planning, just feel like everything's still in limbo at the moment.
Old 26 Sep 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
It really is! I'm desperate to book so we can really start planning, just feel like everything's still in limbo at the moment.
Me too, I just want to get some hotels booked and plan other stuff😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by porridge View Post
I’d say it is a good price. I was very lucky to book a couple of weeks ago, and whilst the flight prices have only gone up a little, the car hire is now £800 more! Crazy.
You might not want a car in San Francisco - the parking is about $60 a day at hotels there. We’re picking up our car when we leave San Fran.
I’ve found the same, I booked a couple days after release day for our flights and they have gone up slightly. It’s the car hire that is bumping up the price by £5-600.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by porridge View Post
Hi, no we not getting car while in San Francisco, we’ll pick it up the day we leave for Yosemite👍
Old 28 Sep 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Hi, no we not getting car while in San Francisco, we’ll pick it up the day we leave for Yosemite👍
Have you priced it with BA as a fly drive? might be worth looking at the prices, also means you only have to pay a deposit now. We only have our car for a week, picking it up from San Francisco airport after our 3 nights there. When I was pricing it up again after booking it was slightly cheaper to get the car off airport, it’s worth playing around with pick up points.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.

Edited at 05:07 PM.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
giggler
Excited about Disney

That looks a really good price to me. I've just booked for the last 2 weeks of August for 3A 2C without car for similar price (in Las Vegas- Out LAX from our local Airport so going via Amsterdam)

Golden rule: If your happy? Book it and don't look again...
Old 29 Sep 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

if you can afford it comfortably then i’d lock it in . as they say a bird in the hand and all that .
You’ll only cause yourself more stress looking and checking . and we’ve all had enough of that eh lol . but do yourself a big favour and once you’ve locked in the flights don’t go back and check prices to see if you made the right decision x

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List