Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Fuel costs are minimal though…

It’s not the best drive after a long flight.. quickest we’ve done it is 4 hrs , longest almost 8 because of traffic..

These days we fly into LA, drive as far as Ontario Mills stay the night there and then onto Vegas early next morning .. always in Vegas before lunchtime.
The worst thing for me is that the driving is so boring when we left last time and drove the other way it took us 5 hours to Anaheim and we stopped at the train stop mcdonalds in Barstow.

Maybe the best idea is to take an extra day drive to Ontario Mills and leave when I waked up (probably 4am)
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Take a look at flying out of Dublin instead on a hand baggage only fare
Remember you could “miss” the LHR DUB leg if you can manage hand baggage too.
I’d probably go for the £250ish fare as the cheaper one has too many stops .
The placement flight to Dublin is as cheap as chips.
Under £300 for the whole thing and no LA traffic !

Edited at 11:23 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Take a look at flying out of Dublin instead on a hand baggage only fare
Remember you could “miss” the LHR DUB leg if you can manage hand baggage too.
I’d probably go for the £250ish fare as the cheaper one has too many stops .
The placement flight to Dublin is as cheap as chips.
Under £300 for the whole thing and no LA traffic !
Wow thanks this looks great I travel so light anyway
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Wow thanks this looks great I travel so light anyway
I’d probably fly the night before to Dublin to avoid any disasters on the day with delays flying into Dublin …..bonus of an Irish fry before you check in
If you can cope with a change look at the AA connections via PHL,CHI and DFW as you’d clear US customs and immigration at DUB rather than on arrival in the US. (but choose a return via London obvs , very easy to do using American airlines.co.U.K. with the direct BA on a codeshare)
I loathe LA driving , plus car hire prices are stupid atm so even with PI or Travelodge at Dublin airport this may be the cheapest and less stressful option.
I’ve done this route several times so shout if you have any questions .

Edited at 11:49 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I’d probably fly the night before to Dublin to avoid any disasters on the day with delays flying into Dublin …..bonus of an Irish fry before you check in
If you can cope with a change look at the AA connections via PHL,CHI and DFW as you’d clear US customs and immigration at DUB rather than on arrival in the US. (but choose a return via London obvs , very easy to do using American airlines.co.U.K. with the direct BA on a codeshare)
I loathe LA driving , plus car hire prices are stupid atm so even with PI or Travelodge at Dublin airport this may be the cheapest and less stressful option.
I’ve done this route several times so shout if you have any questions .
Great thanks very much I would rather have the changes as I prefer to fly American than BA and whilst I could fly AA or BA DUB-LHR-an other- las I am assuming at present clearance in Ireland would probably be less painful.

I am just waiting for my friend to confirm that he will be back in Vegas then as he has been splitting time between Vegas and Indianapolis at the minute.
Old 23 Sep 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I love the clear immigration at Dublin thing , especially with hand baggage as on arrival at Vegas just disembark and head straight for the exit
Old 23 Sep 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I love the clear immigration at Dublin thing , especially with hand baggage as on arrival at Vegas just disembark and head straight for the exit
We have not flown direct to Vegas for years as we do not really like BA and Virgin got rather "stag nighty" so we would fly to LAX of SFO and change and again walk straight through the internal terminal its great isn't it !
Old 29 Sep 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
giggler
Excited about Disney

Book an internal from LAX to Vegas and back. Ive picked them up from £35.
They run like buses... but more reliable