Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 23 Oct 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by doublejay View Post
I used a vpn as had that issue
I’m probably backward but what is a VPN? Really sorry but I’m not a technical person 😀
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
I’m probably backward but what is a VPN? Really sorry but I’m not a technical person 😀
It basically makes them think you're in America 😊

Tunnelbear is free on your phone and works xx
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
doublejay
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Connors Daddy View Post
Good info, thanks. Were you able to book headline rides please?
No ROTR etc where not an option.
Florida pines april 2008

Southern Dunes april 2009
doublejay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Adrian's DAS video is out. Haven't watched it yet, but his info is usually good...

ETA: Have watched now. They didn't use the pre-register service as you can only use that for November onwards so went to guest relations to begin with, but did use the app for return times. Looks very simple to use.

Edited at 07:21 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Good post on Touring Plans blog which answers alot of my questions.

touringplans/blog/whats-...-disney-world/

So looks like you can do the individual paid rides with DAS as long as there is a standby line (eg not boarding groups), you just can't use advance DAS to book them.

I really hope they sort out the wait times for calls and also the VPN issue before long though.
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Just off my video call. I didn't have to use a VPN. The UK site is still broken for DAS, but the US DAS pages load when accessed directly now so could go through there.

This is the page I used: disneyworld.disney.go/gu...vice/register/

Wrote down a timeline...

Pressed the request chat button at 12:00 exactly (system opens 7am Orlando time)
Screening CM joined 12:09
Confirmed travel dates
Filled in holiday details (name, MDE email, contact details, etc)
Confirmed who would be in the DAS party
Pre-screen over 12:14
Transferred to video team 12:16
Connected to CM 12:26
Agreed to video chat, call connected 12:28
Discussed reasons, no problems issuing DAS and photo taken
DAS valid for 60 days from call, rather than arrival date
Very helpful CM explained new DAS system. She is a DAS user herself and has used the new system and loves it.
Off call 12:38
Transferred to planning team 12:40

Now holding for the planning team chat, will update once I get through to that. It's just running in another browser window while I do other things, so not concerned with how long this may take. The main part was getting the DAS issued, which was very quick all things considered.

Both the pre-screen and planning are just text chats, it's only the DAS issue part that needs to be on video. For those getting DAS for kids, that's the only part they'd need to be present for.

ETA: Update for planning...

Connected to planning 13:56
Had to reconfirm details using same form as pre-screening
Went through day by day based on reservations
Chose which two attractions (from the Genie+ list only) and a preference for time of day
CM then confirmed which times available around that time and asked if I'd like to book them
Could do entire length of onsite stay, even though the later days went beyond the 30 day window
Finished 14:26

Note she skipped the day I didn't have a park reservation (only doing the Christmas party on this day) and gave no option to change which park on the others, so have these set first.

Mostly got what I wanted, although the MK morning slots were a little later than I would like. Only one ride (Safari) was at times that wouldn't work at all as it was either at the same time as Navi or 5 hours later. I could have done the overlapping passes as I know I can do both within an hour normally, but was planning to do Navi and then have lunch so it didn't line up well. I'll just do this one on a day of pass.

Also confirmed with CM that there's no penalty if you can't make a pre-booked slot, they will just expire. And you can reconnect to the chat at any point up until 2 days out if you want to amend your bookings.

Edited at 02:47 PM.
Old 30 Oct 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Just off my video call. I didn't have to use a VPN. The UK site is still broken for DAS, but the US DAS pages load when accessed directly now so could go through there.

This is the page I used: disneyworld.disney.go/gu...vice/register/

Wrote down a timeline...

Pressed the request chat button at 12:00 exactly (system opens 7am Orlando time)
Screening CM joined 12:09
Confirmed travel dates
Filled in holiday details (name, MDE email, contact details, etc)
Confirmed who would be in the DAS party
Pre-screen over 12:14
Transferred to video team 12:16
Connected to CM 12:26
Agreed to video chat, call connected 12:28
Discussed reasons, no problems issuing DAS and photo taken
DAS valid for 60 days from call, rather than arrival date
Very helpful CM explained new DAS system. She is a DAS user herself and has used the new system and loves it.
Off call 12:38
Transferred to planning team 12:40

Now holding for the planning team chat, will update once I get through to that. It's just running in another browser window while I do other things, so not concerned with how long this may take. The main part was getting the DAS issued, which was very quick all things considered.

Both the pre-screen and planning are just text chats, it's only the DAS issue part that needs to be on video. For those getting DAS for kids, that's the only part they'd need to be present for.

Update for planning...

Connected to planning 13:56
Had to reconfirm details using same form as pre-screening
Went through day by day based on reservations
Chose which two attractions (from the Genie+ list only) and a preference for time of day
CM then confirmed which times available around that time and asked if I'd like to book them
Could do entire length of onsite stay, even though the later days went beyond the 30 day window
Finished 14:26

Note she skipped the day I didn't have a park reservation (only doing the Christmas party on this day) and gave no option to change which park on the others, so have these set first.

Mostly got what I wanted, although the MK morning slots were a little later than I would like. Only one ride (Safari) was at times that wouldn't work at all as it was either at the same time as Navi or 5 hours later. I could have done the overlapping passes as I know I can do both within an hour normally, but was planning to do Navi and then have lunch so it didn't line up well. I'll just do this one on a day of pass.

Also confirmed with CM that there's no penalty if you can't make a pre-booked slot, they will just expire. And you can reconnect to the chat at any point up until 2 days out if you want to amend your bookings.
Oh wow thats amazing, so did you sign into the american website to do it, i go the 30th november but not to disney till the 6th december so i am going to leave it till next week to apply. with the 2 you prebook can you book one at 9am when park opens or do you have to wait to use those ones first before you can book another?

This is my first time going solo and i just want it all to run smoothly, im epileptic and stress doesn't do me any good. i think this new system will help people out alot.

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
Oh wow thats amazing, so did you sign into the american website to do it, i go the 30th november but not to disney till the 6th december so i am going to leave it till next week to apply. with the 2 you prebook can you book one at 9am when park opens or do you have to wait to use those ones first before you can book another?

This is my first time going solo and i just want it all to run smoothly, im epileptic and stress doesn't do me any good. i think this new system will help people out alot.
Yes, you need to sign in to the US website. Same details as UK.

The earliest slot I was offered on any day seemed to be around 2 hours after park open. I'm not sure if this is a rule or if the earlier slots had already been booked up. I've noticed some people on other forums say the same though, so I suspect it may be a rule since standby is generally short in the mornings.

The pre-booked slots don't affect your ability to make on the day bookings, and you can start making those as soon as you enter the park. The pre-booked ones are effectively bonus passes for using the online registration.
Old 30 Oct 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Yes, you need to sign in to the US website. Same details as UK.

The earliest slot I was offered on any day seemed to be around 2 hours after park open. I'm not sure if this is a rule or if the earlier slots had already been booked up. I've noticed some people on other forums say the same though, so I suspect it may be a rule since standby is generally short in the mornings.

The pre-booked slots don't affect your ability to make on the day bookings, and you can start making those as soon as you enter the park. The pre-booked ones are effectively bonus passes for using the online registration.

Perfect thank you i will have a look at the website now :-)

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

This is how they show up in MDE... obviously I've cropped out where it shows who they're assigned to since it has my details, but it's listed below the pass.