Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
americanv8
Apprentice Imagineer

americanv8's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looking for ideas for 2nd week

Booked for the West Coast this morning, seemed a good deal with BA doing Newcastle - Heathrow - LA + Car for £3800 for 2 AD + 2 CH. Done Florida to death and we're there for Christmas this year (fingers crossed! ) so fancied a change. Me and the Mrs have been before on our Honeymoon in 2006 but that was pre children so they've never been.

Looking for ideas on what to do in the 2nd week, so far i've got 3 days in Disney planned, day in Universal & a day at Knotts, fancy a trip to the Peterson museum as well but then after that i'm not sure whether to stay in the Anaheim area or go somewhere else.
I was looking at staying in the Castle Inn & Suites which has a room configuration that works for us, 1 King & 2 Queen beds - DD will be 13 & DS will be 14 (not many places seem to have a family friendly room, there's no way we could have them both in the same bed). We're all very theme parky people but i didn't enjoy Six Flags Magic Moutain that much in 2006 so may give it a miss?

Edited at 07:35 PM.
americanv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

With 2 children I'd go to San Diego for the second week and enjoy the city and the beach towns along the coast.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

If you are looking for LA things to do, these are some of the places I have been to and some places which are on my list of places to go to

Studios Tours - 1 = my top pick
  1. Warner Bros Studio Tour
  2. Sony Pictures Studio Tour
  3. Paramount Studio Tour

La Brea Tar Pits
Active boiling tar pit with a museum featuring animals and objects found in the pits located right in the middle of LA!

Beaches
Santa Monica and Venice beaches are the stereotypical California beach towns we known from TV and movies.
Santa Monica has the famous pier and a very popular town centre which has shopping, restaurants and street entertainment.
Venice Beach has the famous Muscle Beach, outdoor body building where Arnold Schwarzenegger used to train.

Museums
Other than The Peterson Museum which you know about, in the same area there is the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

Other museums worth visiting are California Science Center, the National History Museum of LA County, Autry National Center, Griffith Observatory, The Museum of Tolerance and The Grammy Museum.

Cemeteries
This being LA, cemeteries are also tourist attractions. Hollywood Forever cemetery next door to Paramount Studios even holds music events and films screenings.

Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills has a museum and does various events and you can get a map of the famous graves.

If you really want to do unique to LA things, you can do a DIY tour of the filming locations of various tv shows and films. Just Google filming locations LA and the name of the tv show or film and you will get lots of info.

Of course there is the regular touristy stuff that everyone does, the Hop On Hop Off bus tour, the tours of movie stars homes, Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another vote for San Diego! You will love the zoo plus a visit to Coronado is not to be missed

The hop on hop off your is a great way to see places as well.

My favourite city in the US!
Old 25 Oct 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I’ve stayed in the Castle Inn twice and would do again happily.

Personally i wouldn’t use Anaheim as a base for anything other than Disney & Knotts Berry

I’d stay somewhere near Burbank and do Universal, Griffiths Observatory , Hollywood, Santa Monica etc, We also usually visit the Grove shopping Center and farmers market
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I’ve stayed in the Castle Inn twice and would do again happily.

Personally i wouldn’t use Anaheim as a base for anything other than Disney & Knotts Berry

I’d stay somewhere near Burbank and do Universal, Griffiths Observatory , Hollywood, Santa Monica etc, We also usually visit the Grove shopping Center and farmers market
I agree with this. The traffic between Anaheim and Hollywood can be terrible (I mean it’s usually terrible). We also visit Laguna beach from Anaheim.

Burbank is great as a base for Hollywood, universal, studio tours.

Six flags is literally the best park for thrill rides I’ve been to, so I’d give it another go.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by porridge View Post
I agree with this. The traffic between Anaheim and Hollywood can be terrible (I mean it’s usually terrible). We also visit Laguna beach from Anaheim.

Burbank is great as a base for Hollywood, universal, studio tours.

Six flags is literally the best park for thrill rides I’ve been to, so I’d give it another go.
Absolutely, we did the journey once to Hollywood from Anaheim took about 2.5 hrs to get there and 2 hrs back.

Never done it since .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List