Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Oct 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

This week was the first time in years that I've had an Amazon driver leave the parcel at the door. Normally they wait as I don't have a leave safe location. Wasn't a big deal as I knew they were there due to the tracking so just went out and got it, but was a bit of a surprise.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I know all our Guys and in fact one worked for me 20 years ago!

All of them put the stuff in the Porch, ring the bell and by the time I am at the door they are in their Van so I wave at them.

Not the same everywhere though but my lot are awesome.
I get orders from Amazon all the time, I have Prime and to date have never had a timed delivery. They know our safe place and leave if we’re out, it’s not obvious and it’s not often we need it.
How do you get a timed delivery slot with Amazon?
Our Hermes guy is fabulous and always has a treat for our dog

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS

Edited at 09:34 PM.
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I get orders from Amazon all the time, I have Prime and to date have never had a timed delivery. They know our safe place and leave if we’re out, it’s not obvious and it’s not often we need it.
I don’t get timed until they are about 6 or 10 stops away and then you can track them on the Amazon website.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
My deliveries are ‘timed’; you don’t have to ask for it.

I get an email in the morning to tell me it will be delivered today.

Going on the website then to track it will tell me it will be delivered by xx o’clock (this could be 12 hours away).

At some point in the day, the tracking will change to a 2 hour delivery slot; it could change more than once if the driver is getting through deliveries quicker or slower than expected but it will still give a 2 hour timeframe.

Once the driver is around 10 stops from me, the tracking changes to a map with 2 dots to show where my house is and where the van is and tells me how many stops before they get to me.
This moves as the van gets nearer and when both dots are ‘on top’ of each other, I go to the door and the van is somewhere on my road.

Edited at 10:24 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Looby123
Getting Excited

Never had problems with Amazon but several times Hermes have said they've delivered something and haven't, fortunately we have cctv so have been able to prove they haven't been
Looby123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvie
Earning More Ears

This happened to me on Friday. Someone's small Amazon packet was posted through our door.

They lived about ten minutes walk away so my daughter took it over when she came home from work.

It does happen, unfortunately.
Silvie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
we have great delivery Guys.
I know all our Guys
Are they really all called Guy?

(I assume that's why you repeatedly used an upper case 'G')

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
My deliveries are ‘timed’; you don’t have to ask for it.

I get an email in the morning to tell me it will be delivered today.

Going on the website then to track it will tell me it will be delivered by xx o’clock (this could be 12 hours away).

At some point in the day, the tracking will change to a 2 hour delivery slot; it could change more than once if the driver is getting through deliveries quicker or slower than expected but it will still give a 2 hour timeframe.

Once the driver is around 10 stops from me, the tracking changes to a map with 2 dots to show where my house is and where the van is and tells me how many stops before they get to me.
This moves as the van gets nearer and when both dots are ‘on top’ of each other, I go to the door and the van is somewhere on my road.
You explained it far better than me but yes that's what we get as well and everybody on Prime I suspect.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I think these days “delivered” means they have done something with it but it is for you to find out what. I have a lot from Amazon and 95% of the time delivery goes smoothly, when I have had the odd thing go missing I have found them helpful and keen to resolve.

I generally have no issues with Hermes either, but a couple of months ago they said something was delivered and provided a photograph of it by the front door, well somebody’s front door. We went for a drive round and after about twenty minutes found and retrieved it. I knocked on the door as I didn’t want to look like a doorstep parcel thief but there was no answer.

Edited at 08:12 AM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

Update … Came home from work today and DH said that he had gone out and when he came home a parcel was on the doorstep. It’s the parcel that was missing from Saturday.

As we were in on Sat when they originally said it was delivered I don’t think it actually was. If it had been left on a neighbours doorstep incorrectly they would have knocked with it as we’re all good at helping each other out with parcel deliveries.

Still it’s here now.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List