Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

US entry test requirements?

Any idea when the US will let us know exactly which tests are required for entry on November 8th? All I can find is that they will notify the requirements ‘in due course’, which doesn’t leave long to book them!
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I think the last rumour was that an update is due tomorrow, although I can't remember where this came from. I'm guessing that it's just because it's two weeks before the reopening.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I think the last rumour was that an update is due tomorrow, although I can't remember where this came from. I'm guessing that it's just because it's two weeks before the reopening.
Yes I saw the same re update tomorrow- and can’t remember where either!
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I’m sure we will know tomorrow or sometime this week as the opening date of the borders is fast approaching 😁😁😁
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Be interested to see if their current viral antigen LFT remains or if they require a PCR. Some are leaning towards no change re LFT whilst hoping they'll clarify requirements for bairns. Doubtless they'll announce with sufficient time for tests to be arranged.
Old 25 Oct 21, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are in Antigua and they fully expect it to change from LFT to PCR tomorrow
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We are in Antigua and they fully expect it to change from LFT to PCR tomorrow
Hi Helen, is that just for Antigua to US, or was the intimation for all international travellers to the US?
Old 25 Oct 21, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Just A to the Us Mackie goes every 4/5 weeks to Florida and he’s expecting a one fits all approach he said to Ian at the golf this morning Ian played mince he said Mackie gave him a spare set of clubs so they got the blame he’s hiring a set for the 3 games next week ( thank heavens )
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Just A to the Us Mackie goes every 4/5 weeks to Florida and he’s expecting a one fits all approach he said to Ian at the golf this morning Ian played mince he said Mackie gave him a spare set of clubs so they got the blame he’s hiring a set for the 3 games next week ( thank heavens )
Helen, Mackie is a nice bloke, I liked his place as it seemed to be away from the madding crowd.
Old 25 Oct 21, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It is and he’s been great took us to the supermarket and Ian to the golf today
Absolutely every we need and I cook as you know
The dogs are lovely not met the parrots yet but Ian’s had a few wolf whistles from one
She’s no clue really poor thing
The poolhets sun all day but the apartment patio has shade and the pool is warm even with out heat
Only issue and this is Ian always we’ve had to unplug the digital clock in our bedroom
And stick a post it note over the AC unit display and he needs to sleep on his good ear cause the AC / Celing fan is noisy but he says that about ours at home as well
Me haven’t noticed at all he’s just is and always has been a light sleeper wakes the birds up most mornings ( it was great when the kids were babies I never heard them LOL,)
I would certainly return and recommend here and I can be a right picky mare
When we return we would hire a car but due to Covid restrictions you must go to your accomadation by government approved transportation be it Resort bus or controlled taxi then you can hire a car
Just be aware of the taxi firm complimentary rum punch all rum and punch he says

Edited at 02:24 AM.