Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Oct 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Lake Buena Vista Area

Hey, we're booked into the Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista (formerly the Clarion) and have been looking for what's near by food and entertainment wise but have seen a lot of people mention a few places near by sadly didn't survive the pandemic and have now closed. Has anyone been in this area recently and can advise what's near by and still open? Are we going to have choices for food in the evening and be able to find things to do? I've found mixed results on whether the mini golf behind the hotel is still open?

Thanks!
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rose89 View Post
Hey, we're booked into the Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista (formerly the Clarion) and have been looking for what's near by food and entertainment wise but have seen a lot of people mention a few places near by sadly didn't survive the pandemic and have now closed. Has anyone been in this area recently and can advise what's near by and still open? Are we going to have choices for food in the evening and be able to find things to do? I've found mixed results on whether the mini golf behind the hotel is still open?

Thanks!
mynews13/fl/orlando/...-4-interchange

Ths is what happening at Crossroads at the moment - it isn't due to the pandemic but it did delay progress.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Rose I'd say your problem & the same as most others is apart from a very small handful no-one has been near LBV since Mar/Apr last year! So all of the Crossroads "should" be gone so basically from your hotel:
Kobe
Latin place in same area
Another latin place across from Olive Garden
Black Angus
Dennys
Ihop
2 Chinese/Orientals in the small strip mall near Ihop
Millers
Steak & Shake
Il Cantina (mexican)

Not sure if anything has replaced Mannys

If you are willing to walk further there are more offerings the otherside of I4, which you will be able to see from your hotel but unfortunately to have to go up Palm Parkway & turn left!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

No help with what is still there at the moment but we've stayed there when it was the Clarion, ask for a room that doesn't face the I4 - much quieter!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Everything at the crossroads has closed, there WAS plenty places around the hotel within walking distance but that was late 2019 when I was last in that area no doubt more will have closed because of the effects of the panademic but I’m sure there will be enough places left and Disney springs is only a short uber ride away and has plenty places
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Rose I'd say your problem & the same as most others is apart from a very small handful no-one has been near LBV since Mar/Apr last year! So all of the Crossroads "should" be gone so basically from your hotel:
Kobe
Latin place in same area
Another latin place across from Olive Garden
Black Angus
Dennys
Ihop
2 Chinese/Orientals in the small strip mall near Ihop
Millers
Steak & Shake
Il Cantina (mexican)

Not sure if anything has replaced Mannys

If you are willing to walk further there are more offerings the otherside of I4, which you will be able to see from your hotel but unfortunately to have to go up Palm Parkway & turn left!
SD
I drove past today and managed to take a couple of photos this one is taken leaving Disney Springs from Hotel Plaza Blvd to get to I4 (normally would drive starightover to get to Crossroads but all closed off)

Didn't have a chance to go left and see what was available up that way
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

I have been googling the accommodation I have booked (Grande Villas LBV) and going onto Google maps. From there you can see which restaurants are still open as they have a pin. Some will say closed or temporary closed depending on there opening hours and when your looking.
We have decided that it's still the best location for us as our daughter has an obsession with IHOP and Steak n Shake. I really fancy a Giordano's pizza and a Millers all of these are walking distance.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We are currently looking at options at Dr Philips but that's not walking distance but even with a return fare Uber it will be cheaper than most Disney options!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
We are currently looking at options at Dr Philips but that's not walking distance but even with a return fare Uber it will be cheaper than most Disney options!
SD
I like Seasons 52 on 7700 W Sand Lake Road - not the cheapest but nice fresh food. They are owned by Darden restaurants who also own Longhorn, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze.

I also like Del Frisco's on I Drive for a special trip out.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rose89 View Post

Thanks!
Let us know how it is as we are staying at Rosen Inn LBV, arriving on 27th November.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List