Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Oct 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just another update and a bit of a round up of some of the information people have posted recently. This is for the dates we’re going in early May but might work for others.

If you book through Auto Europe Ireland site the full size car is €407 for 2 weeks.

The Avis deal for picking up at Hard Rock seems to have gone for some dates (mine included, although a people carrier is still a “normal” price).

The Costco deal I got on a Range Rover Evoque or equivalent is no more as Costco are no longer doing Hertz cars.

Hertz still seem to have the small premium SUV at a decent price, certainly for my dates.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Just another update and a bit of a round up of some of the information people have posted recently. This is for the dates we’re going in early May but might work for others.

If you book through Auto Europe Ireland site the full size car is €407 for 2 weeks.

The Avis deal for picking up at Hard Rock seems to have gone for some dates (mine included, although a people carrier is still a “normal” price).

The Costco deal I got on a Range Rover Evoque or equivalent is no more as Costco are no longer doing Hertz cars.

Hertz still seem to have the small premium SUV at a decent price, certainly for my dates.
There also appears to be a price glitch for people carriers with Avis for certain dates/locations.

Yesterday we booked Royal Pacific - Port Canaveral and Port Canaveral - Miami through Avis and the people carriers was a fraction of the cost of other cars. Didn’t work for Miami - Royal Pacific but did for Royal Pacific - Miami.

This was for August dates.

We used this site https://www.thedibb.co.uk/external/l...ZS1iYS5jb20%3D that another dibber kindly provided. Our bookings immediately linked to our Avis preferred account.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Phil Gr
Gone all Goofy

The Avis deal picking up from Hard Rock is nearly £500 cheaper than my previous quotes, although I wanted an SUV, for a £500 saving I’ll happily drive around in a people carrier

Thanks for the heads up
Phil Gr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tommys
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

tommys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve been checking most of the sites mentioned for car hire and prices are well over £1300 for 3 weeks rental from 27th April picking up Miami international for a large car, must be the dates that I require rental just can’t get any good deals
tommys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tommys View Post
I’ve been checking most of the sites mentioned for car hire and prices are well over £1300 for 3 weeks rental from 27th April picking up Miami international for a large car, must be the dates that I require rental just can’t get any good deals
On some sites I couldn’t even get a price for MIA collection. I think if pick up and drop off are airport locations the prices are very high.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

I’m completely frustrated searching car hire ! Delighted you are all managing to find these great deals but driving myself mad as I can’t get anything decent for the dates we are looking at , 25/11-10/12 from tampa , I’ve tried every permutation I can think off , and every website and can’t get anything much below £1200 which I just won’t pay so the search goes on 🤦🏻xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
There also appears to be a price glitch for people carriers with Avis for certain dates/locations.

Yesterday we booked Royal Pacific - Port Canaveral and Port Canaveral - Miami through Avis and the people carriers was a fraction of the cost of other cars. Didn’t work for Miami - Royal Pacific but did for Royal Pacific - Miami.

This was for August dates.

We used this site https://www.thedibb.co.uk/external/l...ZS1iYS5jb20%3D that another dibber kindly provided. Our bookings immediately linked to our Avis preferred account.
Is it easy enough to collect from these locations in Miami?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Phil Gr
Gone all Goofy

Following on my from post earlier, I was looking for a 19 day rental, picking up from Hard Rock, drop off at the Airport in Aug 22

Previous quotes were approx £1500 - after reading this thread today, via Avis I got £960, and then via British Airways £850 with Avis

Now booked with British Airways
Phil Gr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Phil Gr View Post
Following on my from post earlier, I was looking for a 19 day rental, picking up from Hard Rock, drop off at the Airport in Aug 22

Previous quotes were approx £1500 - after reading this thread today, via Avis I got £960, and then via British Airways £850 with Avis

Now booked with British Airways
Never seen price so high but also so inconsistent. If I try this pick up and drop off for my dates in July (17 nights) the cheapest vehicle is over £2000
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
I’m completely frustrated searching car hire ! Delighted you are all managing to find these great deals but driving myself mad as I can’t get anything decent for the dates we are looking at , 25/11-10/12 from tampa , I’ve tried every permutation I can think off , and every website and can’t get anything much below £1200 which I just won’t pay so the search goes on 🤦🏻xxx
I just keep hoping prices settle down.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List