Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 20 Apr 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile Lakeside shopping - anybody been yet?

Im thinking of heading over there tomorrow or Thursday as I have quite a pile of online orders to return now the shops are open.

Anybody been? How was it?

I’d like to pop into Primark if it isn’t to busy but also need to go to the retail park for Dunelm, George etc.

I’m hoping by waiting a week the initial rush might have died down a bit.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ccjames
Chilling at Carribean Beach

We were there today. It’s busy but only queues I saw were for Zara, and Primark. There weren’t that many people waiting though.

Had a coffee at M&S and sat outside in their little seating area. It almost felt like normal. 😻
ccjames is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ccjames View Post
We were there today. It’s busy but only queues I saw were for Zara, and Primark. There weren’t that many people waiting though.

Had a coffee at M&S and sat outside in their little seating area. It almost felt like normal. 😻
Thanks, That sound good, I think I’ll brave it then.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Im thinking of heading over there tomorrow or Thursday as I have quite a pile of online orders to return now the shops are open.

Anybody been? How was it?

I’d like to pop into Primark if it isn’t to busy but also need to go to the retail park for Dunelm, George etc.

I’m hoping by waiting a week the initial rush might have died down a bit.
Me 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I’ve been on Saturday was quiet to be fair, but we were in at 7.10am 💪💪💪
Went over the other side to Dunelm & Asda too it was all ok, maybe everyone was outside the pubs drinking
I’ve just been in the High Street to take back stuff to Primark and all ok no queue to get in & small wait at the tills
I think the mad rush is over
Have FUN 🤩🤩🤩
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I really want to go to Lakeside! Primark, Disney store, maybe a sneaky Five Guys...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
alim66
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I went yesterday afternoon, very quiet. Should check closing times of shops as some are shutting early.
alim66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Braving it today mad as its a weekend but needs must! Wish me luck (and lots of Primark pyjamas!)

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Braving it today mad as its a weekend but needs must! Wish me luck (and lots of Primark pyjamas!)
* Update * Girls Day Out (Me and Katie, my sons GF)

Just back, we arrived at 10:30, was not too busy, got in a light snake style queue for Primark, felt like queuing for theme park! Bit disappointed with selection of pyjamas, was mostly long sleeved (not for hot flushes) or teeny weeny skimpy shorts and vests, but I found one pair of Chuppa Chups lolly short sleeved long bottomed cotton ones. And a Stitch washing up sponge, minnie mouse shopping list pad, and some cute Stitch stationery.

Next stop Disney store, who were playing Moanas ‘how far I’ll go’ which promptly had me welling up in the shop, how embarrassing! I dont know why! Just that Disney feeling that I have missed I guess. Only got a mini shopper bag, (another one as I have six already) and a Dumbo pencil case, but was great just to be there.

We then headed to Five Guys for lunch, a first for my sons GF,
But we couldnt eat in, so headed for my car, dumped our bags, wiped our hands and anti bacced them ready for the feast. It was delicious as always! And good to sit down. The take away for safety feature is lost in lakeside as many where simply taking it out into the mall, standing up somewhere and eating inside anyway.

We queued an eternity for Zara, and there were many beautiful high fashion items I loved, so colourful and trendy but not my style, (am a middle aged teletubby) so didnt buy anything.

Last stop New Look, where Katie filled a bag, with some great dresses and tops. We then dedcided we had shopped enough and came home. Was good to go out!

Our trip reports -
Old 24 Apr 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

I was also at Lakeside today, got to Primark at 0800am, no queue and not busy at all. Had a good look round but I was there to get the children’s things - socks, pants, t shirts etc, only 2 people in front of me to pay. We also popped to a couple of other shops before we left, it was very quiet. Then headed to Costco, a bit of a queue but got in within 20 minutes so not to bad. Then went to Asda, TK Maxx before heading home. I was a little worried about going but so pleased I went early (got the idea from Claire after reading about her trip last week) then spent the afternoon in the garden!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List