Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LDISNEYFOX View Post
Booked to fly to LAX on the 23 September and then onto Orlando 28 September.

More worried about buying Disneyland tickets and guaranteeing park entry!

I just don’t know what the think. Biden and Boris have to sort out when they are opening borders and then maybe we can see if we can get approved for Disneyland access?’

I want to get excited but feel so deflated that no positive news is coming forward.
This is how I’m feeling right now.
We really need a holiday and I don’t want to book something in Europe “just incase”.
I know if we didn’t want the uncertainty then we shouldn’t have booked in jan but we genuinely thought travel would be ok by summer.
I know it still might be but blimey.. I’m tired of guessing!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
We really need a holiday and I don’t want to book something in Europe “just incase”.
I know if we didn’t want the uncertainty then we shouldn’t have booked in jan but we genuinely thought travel would be ok by summer.
I’m just debating whether I buy my Disneyland tickets. I know they are good for use up to Jan 2023. If I have them linked up ready I can swoop in and choose my park reservation but they depends on USA opening up and California opening it to the world! 😩

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I got my esta’s sorted today… after waiting till after Easter so it covers Easter of 2023.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I got my esta’s sorted today… after waiting till after Easter so it covers Easter of 2023.
I had all of mine cancelled with over a year left on them. Do I have to pay again do you think.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I had all of mine cancelled with over a year left on them. Do I have to pay again do you think.
I haven’t got a clue on that one.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I’m just debating whether I buy my Disneyland tickets. I know they are good for use up to Jan 2023. If I have them linked up ready I can swoop in and choose my park reservation but they depends on USA opening up and California opening it to the world! 😩
I don’t know when to buy ours either.
I may wait until I’m feeling more positive and today is not that day!
Also worried that if I buy them and we can’t go then I won’t get a refund. Changing the date won’t help as we already have next years holiday booked.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Just had a link through to book my first covid jab!
Booked in for next fri so that’s a start.
Old 6 May 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are due to fly into NYC on the 14th and then internal flights (not booked yet) to Denver pick up the car and onto LA via Yellowstone, SLC, Vegas, various National Parks etc. It’s a mega trip and will be amazing if it comes off. But it’s so complicated I wish we had booked something simpler as feels like too many elements to go wrong.

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

October 22nd here.

Optimism is quite high as I follow the LA times and it is under control out there now and vaccine take up is high.

Big opening day is June 7th if all is still going well.

I am pretty sure it will all be open by the autumn for foreign travel, but I suggest there will still be some restrictions.

The Mrs and I will be double vaxxed, but my two DDs wont be as one turns 18 in October (unless the Jansen one jab is approved) and one is 15 so we will need to see the rules on that.

But overall, I’m optimistic.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Im already going through depression, tbh this finished me off last night chucked my rattle outta my pram cancelled the villa ,car hotels for Georgia and New Orleans.
Gotta get my rs out of this funk👍 pull up my big boy pants and sort my self out 👍