Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
mikeishere
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Feb 08
Disneyland Forward News?

I’m not sure if I’ve posted this in the correct place.

When are we likely to hear further news on ‘Disneyland Forward’ to expansion in L.A? I’ve looked on the internet and the Disney Forward website but been no news since the announcement. Im not up on knowing about council approvals etc in USA so I don’t know if it’s a slow process etc?
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
loldis
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 17
Location: Sussex
Years.

Disneyland has always had issues with the City of Anaheim getting approvals for work. A significant expansion like this will take forever just in approvals. It's definitely a long game project, total time will probably be decades.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Ils
Helping Minnie
 
Join Date: Sep 18
Agreed.

There is no guarantee this will ever happen and was just a prime opportunity for Disneyland to remind the city that they need Disney to help reduce the debt level and generate additional revenue for the area.

I hope it does happen but the likelihood anything major happening before the end of this decade, all depends on how well Anaheim recovers after the Pandemic.
Ils is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
mikeishere
Thread Starter
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Feb 08
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Years.

Disneyland has always had issues with the City of Anaheim getting approvals for work. A significant expansion like this will take forever just in approvals. It's definitely a long game project, total time will probably be decades.
Why are the city of Anaheim so difficult with Disney? Surely the city of Anaheim see how much revenue it brings to the area and understand the success of the Walt Disney company that the region couldn’t live the same way without a Disney park?

You just have to look at what Anaheim was before Walt Disney decided to build Disneyland. Why be so difficult just let Disney build more and it will probably increase revenue for the region even more?
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
KarenG
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 04
Originally Posted by mikeishere View Post
Why are the city of Anaheim so difficult with Disney? Surely the city of Anaheim see how much revenue it brings to the area and understand the success of the Walt Disney company that the region couldn’t live the same way without a Disney park?

You just have to look at what Anaheim was before Walt Disney decided to build Disneyland. Why be so difficult just let Disney build more and it will probably increase revenue for the region even more?
There are lots of books about this!

To massively oversimplify: “Anaheim” feel Disney took the mick out of them/the area / other businesses and like to make sure they get … value for money. To ensure local residents see the right investment levels etc. That they aren’t favouring the corporate giant and so on.

Obviously the area wouldn’t be what it is today without Disneyland…but it’s been there for well over sixty years so I guess they feel things move on.
__________________
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
mikeishere
Thread Starter
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Feb 08
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
There are lots of books about this!

To massively oversimplify: “Anaheim” feel Disney took the mick out of them/the area / other businesses and like to make sure they get … value for money. To ensure local residents see the right investment levels etc. That they aren’t favouring the corporate giant and so on.

Obviously the area wouldn’t be what it is today without Disneyland…but it’s been there for well over sixty years so I guess they feel things move on.
Thanks for this, I might look at some of those books.
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
KarenG
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 04
Originally Posted by mikeishere View Post
Thanks for this, I might look at some of those books.
There are many. I find Disney history embarrassingly interesting
__________________
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
mikeishere
Thread Starter
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Feb 08
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
There are many. I find Disney history embarrassingly interesting
It’s definitely not embarrassing I love it too!
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Florida
On 21st November 8:54am
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro revealed Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th November 11:54am
Experience SeaWorld as the park is transformed into a winter wonderland with more than 3... Read More »
Posted in Mickey
On 22nd October 4:51pm
Guests can now start their magical adventure before their visit with their very own personalised... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2999
CaxtonFX  $1.2915
Covent Garden FX  $1.3047
FAIRFX  $1.2935
John Lewis  $1.3010
M&S  $1.2810
Post Office  $1.2791
Sainsburys  $1.2967
TESCO  $1.2992
Travelex  $1.2883
Updated: 00:00 08/12/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1495
CaxtonFX  €1.1458
Covent Garden FX  €1.1638
FAIRFX  €1.1503
John Lewis  €1.1520
M&S  €1.1346
Post Office  €1.1328
Sainsburys  €1.1473
TESCO  €1.1492
Travelex  €1.1464
Updated: 00:00 08/12/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X