Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Vertigo
Trainee Dibber
 
Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Location: Kent
LA car hire advice

We have a car for our full trip (if we actually get there, but thatís another thread altogether!)

We start in San Diego and have free parking at our hotel. So no problem there

We then drive to the Garland Hotel and to be honest, we donít need the car for the 4 days we have there as transport to Universal looks easy and we are happy to take public transport downtown and to the beaches. Driving and parking do not look pleasant!

Plus Parking is a shocking $33 plus tax per night so thatís the best part of £150 for a car to sit there. Seems a terrible waste.

We do need the car after as we drive to Anaheim and have free parking there.

So, is there any advice on what to do with the car for the time at the Garland? For example cheaper parking nearby?
__________________
Pre Trip Report2020: The OMG i'm 50, Start the Bucket List! Los Angeles Pre Trippie. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post14236631
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
berneslai
Proud to wear my Ears
 
berneslai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 13
Always worthwhile checking this:

en.parkopedia/parking/no...g=202108131000
berneslai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
skalexander
Imagineer
 
skalexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 09
Location: Isle of Man
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
We have a car for our full trip (if we actually get there, but thatís another thread altogether!)

We start in San Diego and have free parking at our hotel. So no problem there

We then drive to the Garland Hotel and to be honest, we donít need the car for the 4 days we have there as transport to Universal looks easy and we are happy to take public transport downtown and to the beaches. Driving and parking do not look pleasant!

Plus Parking is a shocking $33 plus tax per night so thatís the best part of £150 for a car to sit there. Seems a terrible waste.

We do need the car after as we drive to Anaheim and have free parking there.

So, is there any advice on what to do with the car for the time at the Garland? For example cheaper parking nearby?
Can you rejig your hotels, so you do Anaheim first, and then return the car and head to Garland? I agree itís a lot of money for the car to sit there, plus 4 days rental charges.
__________________
skalexander is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Vertigo
Thread Starter
Trainee Dibber
 
Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Location: Kent
Originally Posted by berneslai View Post
Always worthwhile checking this:

en.parkopedia/parking/no...g=202108131000
Thanks, that is something to look at nearer the time.
__________________
Pre Trip Report2020: The OMG i'm 50, Start the Bucket List! Los Angeles Pre Trippie. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post14236631
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Vertigo
Thread Starter
Trainee Dibber
 
Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Location: Kent
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Can you rejig your hotels, so you do Anaheim first, and then return the car and head to Garland? I agree itís a lot of money for the car to sit there, plus 4 days rental charges.
Unfortunately not. It would make sense though and then we could Uber to LAX for home easy enough.

I wonít bore you with the reasons, but we have to finish in Anaheim.
__________________
Pre Trip Report2020: The OMG i'm 50, Start the Bucket List! Los Angeles Pre Trippie. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post14236631
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
Ils
Helping Minnie
 
Join Date: Sep 18
If your reason to end in Anaheim is like the one the wife has tasked me with, although logistically it doesn't make any sense. It is something to do with a mouse.
Ils is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
Vertigo
Thread Starter
Trainee Dibber
 
Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Location: Kent
Originally Posted by Ils View Post
If your reason to end in Anaheim is like the one the wife has tasked me with, although logistically it doesn't make any sense. It is something to do with a mouse.
Almost.

Itís DD15.

So the reason I wasnít going to bore you with, I now willÖ

She insisted on Disney being at the end as when we went to Canada, our first day was at Canadaís wonderland and she complained that by the time we were going home - after all the cool things we did - she forgot all about Canada wonderland so Disneyland has to be at the end so not to ďspoilĒ any memory of Disneyland.

But as you and SKalexander quite rightly say, it would make much more sense to rejig

Ideally as we fly in to San Diego, after our 4 days there we would drive to Anaheim for Disney.

Then drive and dump the car in LA and use public transport for our final 4 days as we fly back from LAX

But no. I only pay for the holidaysÖ
__________________
Pre Trip Report2020: The OMG i'm 50, Start the Bucket List! Los Angeles Pre Trippie. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post14236631

Edited at 10:29 AM.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Florida
On 21st November 8:54am
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro revealed Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th November 11:54am
Experience SeaWorld as the park is transformed into a winter wonderland with more than 3... Read More »
Posted in Mickey
On 22nd October 4:51pm
Guests can now start their magical adventure before their visit with their very own personalised... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2999
CaxtonFX  $1.2915
Covent Garden FX  $1.3045
FAIRFX  $1.2935
John Lewis  $1.3010
M&S  $1.2810
Post Office  $1.2791
Sainsburys  $1.2967
TESCO  $1.2992
Travelex  $1.2883
Updated: 23:30 07/12/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1495
CaxtonFX  €1.1458
Covent Garden FX  €1.1637
FAIRFX  €1.1503
John Lewis  €1.1520
M&S  €1.1346
Post Office  €1.1328
Sainsburys  €1.1473
TESCO  €1.1492
Travelex  €1.1464
Updated: 23:30 07/12/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X