Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Aug 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disney transport

With all the extras that disney are starting to charge for via genie plus etc wonder how long it's going to be before they start charging for disney transport.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I don't think they'd outright charge for it directly, but I could see it being restricted to on-site guests only and introducing resort fees. With transport then listed as one of its benefits. Just like most higher tier hotels in the area.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Shinealight
Getting Excited

I think some time in the near future they will introduce Resort Fees and all Disney Transport apart from the MK Boat/Monorail from the parking lot and the Parking Lot Trams at all Parks will be Resort Guests only, unless Joe Public purchase a daily/weekly "Transport Pass". They'll also introduce paid parking at DS for Joe Public (free for Resort Guests). IMO.
Shinealight is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Personally, i don't see that happening as i think that would likely be the straw that breaks the camels back for Disney and they'd need to do a massive climbdown.

They could easily increase the parking and say that it includes the transport from the T&T Hub to the parks to bring it in on the sly.
Old 23 Aug 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't see it happening, the reality is that they don't want people to use their car, they want people trapped in the Disney bubble with no choice than spending their money on property, if they start charging people will start driving leading to bigger lines to enter and exit the parks and all that time their sitting in their car their not spending money and when people have a car they may pop off site for the occasional meal and visiting other attractions.

In fact I expect to see parking charges going up just to stop people using a car
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List