Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Aug 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
moofisher
Trading Disney Pins

Adult children - who pays?

Just a question for anyone who has booked with their older children. This is our 5th time and the 1st since 2 of our children turned 18. One is doing an apprenticeship and one is in uni with part time job.
What do others do in terms of financial contribution to the holiday? It has been put to me that now they are adults that they pay their share of the flights/accommodation as well as their spends

I am not sure as they are our children and I love us spending the time together. We have always got them to save spending money to take but still buy things for them out there as well as pay for dinners etc..

Am curious as to what others do as it hadn't really occurred to me until now and has intrigued me!
2018 Providence
moofisher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by moofisher View Post
Just a question for anyone who has booked with their older children. This is our 5th time and the 1st since 2 of our children turned 18. One is doing an apprenticeship and one is in uni with part time job.
What do others do in terms of financial contribution to the holiday? It has been put to me that now they are adults that they pay their share of the flights/accommodation as well as their spends

I am not sure as they are our children and I love us spending the time together. We have always got them to save spending money to take but still buy things for them out there as well as pay for dinners etc..

Am curious as to what others do as it hadn't really occurred to me until now and has intrigued me!
I would pay for them, especially if I wanted them to come.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Well I don’t know if I’m a good example or spoilt...but my parents paid until the last trip I went on with them at 21, aside from my extra spends for mall shopping etc which I took. We used to go every year.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I would pay for them, especially if I wanted them to come.
Me too😀
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We’ve just got back from Greece with ds 16 and dd 22
We asked dd to contribute but it was a tiny amount compared to the overall cost
If we d asked her for the full amount for her ticket she wouldn’t have been able to afford it so couldn’t have come :/

Same with Florida- we asked for a contribution but not full amount
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

We are going with my husbands adult sons. (22 & 19 when we travel). We have paid for their flights/hotel/hire car cost and theme park tickets.

All we have asked is they save for their spends. 18 year old has so far saved £1000 from his job for his spends. Very impressed with him.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Our 22 yr old son is out of his apprenticeship and earns really good money ! First for us as he is paying his own flight👍👍we are thrilled that he’s even offered! Though is also adamant it got to be premium!
Have to say that’s all we will let him pay for though but think he’s been really fair too!
Proud parents💖💖💖
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
samhartwell
Very Serious Dibber

we pay but ask them to take their own spending money for meals and snacks that they want

it still a family holiday and we have student children (will be 18 and 21 when they travel)
Aug 2015 - West Coast road trip number 2
July 2017 - East & West Coast trip No 3
samhartwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

My mum and dad paid until we were working. 19 for me, 21 for my brothers.

My mum then set up a holiday savings account we all paid money into every month to cover the holiday and a food kitty etc. I'm 41 and still paying into the holiday fund 😂

Our last Florida holiday in 2019 my dad paid for everything when he retired.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our Daughter is 20 and at uni. We pay for everything apart from her spending money.

She plans to be a teacher and will then pay for herself if she still wants to come with us

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List