Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Aug 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Albeit higher/further education they are still not earning a full wage. I would never have been able to fund my own trip whilst at uni.. assuming the one in part time employment is funding their general cost of living which loans no longer meet.
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We went in 2018 and took DS - then 29 and working, DD 26 a teacher and her BF 26 also working. I paid for everything, but they did pay for some of the meals for everyone and bought a few of their own meals. I was happy with this as DD and her BF were saving or a house and DS for a new car - and we could afford it.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes we pay, glad I am in a place where we are able to😀
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I can't imagine too many uni students or young people doing apprenticeships would be able to pay for a trip to Florida if their parents weren't already heavily subsidising them. Surely most would be lucky to even get a much cheaper holiday with friends.

If parents wanted them to still come on an expensive family holiday and they can afford it, why shouldn't they pay? I agreed parents shouldn't feel obligated to pay for over 18's who have left school but then I just wouldn't ask them to come.
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

My mum paid for me, hubby and the 3 kids when we went in 2012... I was 30! We had our own spending money.

That gave us the bug. Eldest son is coming up to 21, works full time and is adamant he is coming on holidays with us for the foreseeable! I've paid for his flight and his Discovery Cove ticket. He's saving hard to pay for the rest of "his share", but he doesn't yet know I won't be taking the money off him. To be fair though, he fully expects to have to pay in full for his share and hasn't once questioned it or moaned. It'll be a nice bonus to his spends! I'll just ask him to treat us all to once nice meal when we're out there
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
woofwoof
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hello all
Our DD is now 24 and we have always paid for her to accmpany us on our holidays, she is working full time and has 2 holdays with us next year . She always offers to pay her share but for me her company is like an upgrade and always worth it. We have given in a little and let her pay for 3 days at the royal pacific next Sept year with park tickets.
Regards
woofwoof is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
steandtrish
Imagineer

steandtrish's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16
We have this on our next trip. I think we are going to go for -pay your own flights and park tickets but we'll try and pay for the rest
Old 26 Aug 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
Me too😀
And me 😃
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
I’ve always paid for my children but until now both have been at uni. Next year, when they are 24, I will pay for everything mainly because I want to treat them. They might buy some drinks occasionally, but apart from any clothes shopping they want, I want to pay for them. And then when I’m old they can treat me!
Old 26 Aug 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by moofisher View Post
Just a question for anyone who has booked with their older children. This is our 5th time and the 1st since 2 of our children turned 18. One is doing an apprenticeship and one is in uni with part time job.
What do others do in terms of financial contribution to the holiday? It has been put to me that now they are adults that they pay their share of the flights/accommodation as well as their spends

I am not sure as they are our children and I love us spending the time together. We have always got them to save spending money to take but still buy things for them out there as well as pay for dinners etc..

Am curious as to what others do as it hadn't really occurred to me until now and has intrigued me!
I guess it all depends.

Personally I wouldn't be asking my kids for a penny to come on holiday with me, I'd want to spend the time with them and if bribing them with a trip to Disney is what it takes then so be it.

That said I realise not everyone can afford that stance.

I also think it's different if you are going away and they come to you and ask if they can join in - in that case a contribution might be appropriate.

You also need to consider how much control you want over the holiday. You can't really ban them going out drinking and partying until 2am (or even just deciding to stay in bed late on a day you planned to go somewhere) if they have paid their own way.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List