Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Aug 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I never tug my forelock to anybody, certainly not those who choose to pay four times more for their flight than I do.. and to the same location at the same time. I would travel in the hold if it saved money that I can then spend when I get there.. or better still, towards the next trip.
exactly my thinking as well.

However I think before covid people saved miles by being salespersons flying every week for work.

Old 29 Aug 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
meva
Excited about Disney

I've flown with my kids in business and economy and have experienced unreasonable hostility in both cabins (also great charm and patience). The reason I wouldn't fly in business with them again (until they're older) is not really to do with other people. Flying with kids can be stressful and if they do play up I'd rather be paying less. If I'm in business or first I just want to sit back and enjoy (which you can still do even with other peoples noisy kids in the cabin)

Edited at 08:38 PM.
meva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
meva
Excited about Disney

The worst thing I've encountered in business was on the way to Tampa a few years ago. One passenger had the world's smelliest feet, I asked the flight attendant if the captain could drop the oxygen masks
meva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

We had a gusting 9.5 hour flight to Jamaica with our not quite two year old a few weeks ago.

Even though we flew economy, I was still worried that he would disturb people and we’d get the looks and the tutting.

As a result of my anxiety I filled my hand luggage rucksack and his little suitcase full of toys (not loud ones), duplo bricks, books, his iPad for a couple of pre-downloaded Disney+ films that I know he’ll watch and a tonne of snacks.

We didn’t get a single squeak out of him the whole flight - and he napped for the solid 3 hours in the middle. I was super proud of him. I needn’t have worried really; he was impeccably behaved and the same certainly couldn’t be said of some of the adults in the cabin.

I’ve also travelled upper and encountered the most rude and obnoxious woman who did nothing but shout at the cabin crew the whole flight, even during the dark hours when people were trying to get a bit of sleep. Give me a child over that anytime!

If you’re anything like me OP, you get pre-travel anxiety with your littles… you’ll do your absolute best to amuse and entertain them… a good number of your fellow passengers will have been in your position - and the ones that haven’t would do well to learn some compassion.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

We have just booked Upper for our May 2022 flight (fingers crossed) and our kids will be 4.5 and almost 3 by then… has it crossed my mind about other passengers, yup, but the fact that it’s even a concern for us makes good parents in my book. I wouldn’t let the kids run riot. Or if they do then you’ll find me crying into my champagne 😂

All jokes aside, if you can afford it and your considerate of others then just go for it.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

Booked upper and our DD will be 7months when we go (although not looking likely but that’s another conversation).

Frankly, having her on our laps in a more comfortable space seems a good idea and we paid for it soooo… yeah. We will be doing our best to keep her entertained and asleep when necessary.

If anyone has a problem with it then well… they can suck my big toe
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Just because someone has paid to fly upper class, does not give them any right to avoid an upset child. If you choose to fly upper, then you go for it.

Would an 'upset child' be compared to that of a person with disabilities that could cause a similar level of noise in upper class? Frankly, it's absurd to expect someone to move a class so they're not disturbing others. What the heck, just get to the lower deck of the Titanic, after all, it's cattle class, and no one has any right there to moan about a crying child.

Forget the surroundings, if you want upper class, you book upper class, and enjoy it. You're equally entitled to it, like the next person. And if your child gets upset, so what, that's life. You'll be fine.

Go for it.
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023

Edited at 09:10 PM.
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by chazman88 View Post
Personally I wouldn’t want to pay for upper class and then be disturbed by a baby for the flight.

I have a 1 yo and a 3 yo and also therefore wouldn't take them in upper class. For us I feel they need to both be 3/4+ before upper class as at that age they will be past the “crying” stage and would be easily entertained for the duration of the flight!
Book a private jet then.
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I have travelled UC numerous times and I cant ever remember kids being a problem. Far worse are those that just see free booze and get plastered and their behaviour goes down the pan and ruins the experience for everyone else.
It is like any where - if parents are sensitive to the needs of those around and try to actually parent their children.
Maybe it's some parents shouldn't be allowed
I see the “drunken adults” thing a lot. I (used to) travel a lot on long haul business and I can’t remember a single episode of drunken/obnoxious passengers. Perhaps holiday flights are different?

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I see the “drunken adults” thing a lot. I (used to) travel a lot on long haul business and I can’t remember a single episode of drunken/obnoxious passengers. Perhaps holiday flights are different?
Yes, it's only the leisure heavy routes that I've ever had issues on. Primarily heading to Vegas, I was often going for conferences but typically got a lot of birthday or stag and hen groups on there. Last trip was the worst, we were probably only an hour into flight and the crew were already talking about stopping the alcohol service.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List