Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Sep 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
If you do October half term weather nice not hot 🥵 then you might see Christmas and Halloween. Christmas normally goes up 1st week November

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

It so depends on what you are looking to do. If you are taking the kids out of school and can do late October into November then you would get to experience Halloween and then the change over into Christmas. I have been there then and it literally changes over night. Only thing I would say is it can get busy over Halloween! But you will also get days that are not so bad. I like the weather around that time although you can get the odd cooler day and as long as you are ok with that go for it. (you might need a jumper in the morning and evening) you would also catch food and wine at Epcot which I really love. (more the food than the drink for me. I dont drink alcohol)
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

We plump for May (half term and one week out of school week before). Would be happy with Oct half term too but have always found this to be more expensive and often not included in offers (historically the free dining).
However this went against us when we booked May 2020 instead of October 2019 - but who knew 🥴

We have avoided Xmas and Easter break due to cost and Aug due to less good weather compared to May/Oct. Worth playing about with dates on the booking site though as prices do vary depending on what your plans are.
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

October for us the weather is lovely and not humid well most days are not humid! lol
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Craftylee
Helping Mickey

Take a look at Orlando crowd calendars

For me, the best combo of good weather and fewer crowds at the parks is September. But just beware this is hurricane season, there’s a chance they could disrupt your time there, or there’s a chance it won’t happen.

Sept is also well priced as it’s low season, kids at school. So cheaper flights and rates.

Enjoy your time planning, it’s half the fun 😀

Edited at 10:16 PM.
Craftylee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Griddle View Post
Hi Guys,

I’m new to this forum so
Please be kind.

I am looking to go to Florida in 2023, what is the best time of year to go regards weather and crowds.

I am restricted as I have children of school age, would be willing to take them out of school for one week but not two.

Thanks in advance
Not sure of kids hols but we always think best times to go are April into May or October time. Welcome to DIBB !

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Griddle
New Poster (2)

Has anyone been at Easter?
Griddle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Apprentice Imagineer

I have never been then. Went April into May and it was a fab time to go. I believe Easter can be really busy but I am certain someone will be able to help you more on that.
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

We have been at Easter a couple of times. Yes it’s busier with brits on their hols and across the Easter weekend, Americans off as well. But with a bit of planning it wasn’t prohibitive. So for example we didn’t go to the parks on Easter Sunday and on other holiday days I recall we just went early and came away after lunch when it got really busy. Other days it fine to be honest. Great weather and we had a lot of fun.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List