Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Sep 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by alansmed View Post
Disney Cruise line is requiring all over 12s to be fully vaccinated when they resume later this month. I know the US govt doesn't take their advice from Disney but not a great sign for anyone who wants to take the non vaccinated children on a cruise anytime soon.
You are absolutely right, this is not a good sign! I'm really feeling we can't go ahead and plan anything. On the other hand, you would expect cruises to have stricter requirements as they are effectively floating incubators for disease outbreak (I say that as someone who went on an MSC staycation cruise this summer, enjoyed it and would definitely cruise again).
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Briggykins View Post
If it makes you feel better, a vaccine has never caused long term side effects...the longest time a side effect of any vaccine has taken to appear is six weeks. More info here.

Doesn't help with availability though, but if the JCVI decide to go ahead with vaccinating 12 year olds then I'd take advantage personally.
What about the swine flu vaccine?

irishtimes/news/crim...ourt-1.4634179
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

My son will be 12 on 31st Aug and we are booked to go to Florida on Aug 15th, returning the day after his 12th birthday.
I'm not sure I want him to have the vaccine and he wouldnt be eligible for it when we go as he'll still be 11 so I'll probably have to juggle dates around so we return before his 12th birthday.
I do think it will be a requirement that all over 12s are vaccinated though.
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I think it’s very likely over 12’s will have to be vaccinated to enter the United States.
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Briggykins
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by ashc13 View Post
What about the swine flu vaccine?

irishtimes/news/crim...ourt-1.4634179
Their symptoms appeared one to two months after the vaccination, so again not long term, tho admittedly longer than six weeks.
Briggykins is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
I think it’s very likely over 12’s will have to be vaccinated to enter the United States.
Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the honesty.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Littlelufs32 View Post
My son will be 12 on 31st Aug and we are booked to go to Florida on Aug 15th, returning the day after his 12th birthday.
I'm not sure I want him to have the vaccine and he wouldnt be eligible for it when we go as he'll still be 11 so I'll probably have to juggle dates around so we return before his 12th birthday.
I do think it will be a requirement that all over 12s are vaccinated though.
What a pain it'll be for all of us with kids this age!
Old 3 Sep 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
BBC news just said “The UK's vaccine advisory body has refused to give the green light to vaccinating healthy children aged 12-15 years old on health grounds alone.”
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by discoclare View Post
Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the honesty.
I don’t think any of us do 😞
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Now that the uk advisory body are not recommending jabs for 12-15’s where does that leave the situation I wonder.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List