Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
My family is one of those separated by the ban. And we are suffering, particularly my family in the UK.

In my opinion, it doesn’t serve to keep people’s hopes up when random posts are made proclaiming inside knowledge of US borders opening by this or that holiday. Because the holiday comes and goes and there follows a plethora of sad emojis and disappointments. It’s like being told Christmas is coming and you wake up and there’s nothing under the tree.
I bet it's so very difficult for you, and I really hope you can be together soon. 🤞❤️

I think 'normal' people are mostly well intentioned when they pass on things they've heard (unless financial or popularity based gain is at play), but yes, it is such a painful cycle to be going through.
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissCellaneous View Post
I bet it's so very difficult for you, and I really hope you can be together soon. 🤞❤️

I think 'normal' people are mostly well intentioned when they pass on things they've heard (unless financial or popularity based gain is at play), but yes, it is such a painful cycle to be going through.
Thank you and thanks for understanding. I’m feeling salty today! I’m over it. Even though it may seem as though most Americans are living normally without restrictions, we are all absolutely fed up to the gills with it like everyone else.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

My family is one of those separated by the ban. And we are suffering, particularly my family in the UK.

In my opinion, it doesn’t serve to keep people’s hopes up when random posts are made proclaiming inside knowledge of US borders opening by this or that holiday. Because the holiday comes and goes and there follows a plethora of sad emojis and disappointments. It’s like being told Christmas is coming and you wake up and there’s nothing under the tree.
I always look at things methodically before getting my emotions involved, and also base things on fact and what is known. I’ve got my trip coming up, I know I probably won’t go on it.

Endless “my mate said this” or some positive spin on some random EU politician 99% of the world wouldn’t know spouting off in reality is meaningless. Most are either inaccurate and keep on spouting rubbish, as ultimately if you Chuck enough mud something will stick where it’s next week or next year.

If we go on facts, or credible sources like Reuters, there isn’t much in reality to be optimistic travel in the short term is going to be coming back. After Monday/Tuesday, we will know if I have egg on my face, or actually we can discredit basically everything as positive baseless spin until the more official sources advise us. It’s unfair to build people up, before having hopes dashed.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you and thanks for understanding. I’m feeling salty today! I’m over it. Even though it may seem as though most Americans are living normally without restrictions, we are all absolutely fed up to the gills with it like everyone else.
I feel you. I envy people that are genuinely mentally carrying on as normal - this pandemic has me feeling that my life is on hold, I'm in stasis, and could genuinely impact my life choices long term - even though I know nothing I feel could compare with what some have gone through / are going through.

We'll get through it. 😊
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I always look at things methodically before getting my emotions involved, and also base things on fact and what is known. I’ve got my trip coming up, I know I probably won’t go on it.

Endless “my mate said this” or some positive spin on some random EU politician 99% of the world wouldn’t know spouting off in reality is meaningless. Most are either inaccurate and keep on spouting rubbish, as ultimately if you Chuck enough mud something will stick where it’s next week or next year.

If we go on facts, or credible sources like Reuters, there isn’t much in reality to be optimistic travel in the short term is going to be coming back. After Monday/Tuesday, we will know if I have egg on my face, or actually we can discredit basically everything as positive baseless spin until the more official sources advise us. It’s unfair to build people up, before having hopes dashed.
I do totally understand how you feel. Could I say without causing offence that I hope you get egg on your face but then feel great about it? 🍳😁
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

If I had a trip scheduled for this year from the UK, I would certainly want to feel hopeful. I will never fault anyone for keeping hopes and dreams alive.

But spreading baseless rumors to people who may be feeling emotional or vulnerable is not nice. And when I say baseless rumors I mean 99% of them.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

If I had a trip scheduled for this year from the UK, I would certainly want to feel hopeful. I will never fault anyone for keeping hopes and dreams alive.

But spreading baseless rumors to people who may be feeling emotional or vulnerable is not nice. And when I say baseless rumors I mean 99% of them.
I do agree, I guess though the complexity comes in when those people are one and the same. 😢
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MissCellaneous View Post
I do totally understand how you feel. Could I say without causing offence that I hope you get egg on your face but then feel great about it? 🍳😁
If the ban is removed and I can travel for 23rd Oct I will post an apology for all
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
peter+lynne
Imagineer

peter+lynne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
im ready for cancelling and going to either canada or hong kong
2015 residence inn seaworld
2016 Norfolk broads
2017 residence inn seaworld
peter+lynne is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

If the ban is removed and I can travel for 23rd Oct I will post an apology for all
Screw apologies, it'd just be party time 🤣 (and planning time - dread to think of the head reset we'd have to do!)