Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Sep 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

That first taste of Florida

For the last 4/5 trips for us it’s been for me Culvers Chicken Sandwich meal with ice tea DH the fish and chips
Culvers is at= he bottom of the road from our villa he chucks me and the cases out ( or I chuck the cases in the villa ) and head back down the street we eat at the breakfast bar then
Don battle fatigues to open our owner cupboard for our sheets his pillow and toothbrushes etc
DH insists at getting up at stupid o’clock and off to Walmart for breakfast supplies me I bury my head in the sand till he brings the milk then it’s breakfast on the deck waiting for the sun to come up and thecpool pump to start
Oh folks Walmart’s are still not 24 hours like they were pre pandemic
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

For us it’s a trip to Texas Roadhouse if we are there early enough having said that we’ve gone at 9 pm on our first night once.
Fried pickles to share then a country fried steak for me and rib eye for dh. Also a frozen margarita for me.
Walmart the next day for dill pickle lays and caramel m & m’s. I think I have a thing for American pickles lol.
Just said to dh tonight we will spend about 2 hours just wandering around the first supermarket we go to!
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We arrive via Antigua into Miami on the 7th November at 5pm
We will drive home our friends and neighbours have already said we will put milk bread etc in the fridge
Ian will be that lost soul wandering round Winn Dixie our preferred store as soon as it opens n the 8th with the list
Then I’ll be Bach around lunch time to do the shop he’s to bring home as he’s coming home before me
It starts
Mio water enhancer
Stove top stuffing
And goes on and on 😊😊😊
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Sounds great, bet you can’t wait 😊
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

We usually order a Giordanos pizza pie and our eyes are ALWAYS bigger than our belly! 😂
Chef Mickey's on the first morning. The kids love it, we love it, I find it's an awesome start to our holiday.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We were looking at Florida food pictures earlier
And I think someone mentioned Dora’s Pizza
This was our first ever Pizza from Dora’s Haines City 5 mins from the villa

I’m now craving the chicken or shrimp pasta dish they do it’s amazing
Oh and the blackened cat fish for me and the gumbo for DH at the Cherry Pocket
And every ones favourites the cooked chicken coleslaw potato salad and prepared salad and French bread from Publix the first night or after a long Park day eaten by the pool with a glass of wine or a Seagrams frozen cocktail
Oh how great it is to be back talking about all of this
Old 25 Sep 21, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Usually call in to Publix pick up a rotisserie chicken and some salad, coleslaw etc plus fruit and milk for breakfast next morning.

Love Culvers food excellent value and staff really friendly.
Old 25 Sep 21, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

We throw the cases in the villa and head to Publix at Berry Town centre, 2 mins up the road for first night essentials.

I never eat at all on the flight (makes me sick) and providing the flight does not give me vertigo and I have to go straight to bed, tea is usually a pizza (to cook our self) , salad and coleslaw, we get a loaf of cinnamon raisin toast for breakfast.

Not sure what we will have for tea this time we are on the later flight landing about 6:30pm by the time we get to the villa and shopping we may be past eating so may grab something on the way to the villa.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
We throw the cases in the villa and head to Publix at Berry Town centre, 2 mins up the road for first night essentials.

I never eat at all on the flight (makes me sick) and providing the flight does not give me vertigo and I have to go straight to bed, tea is usually a pizza (to cook our self) , salad and coleslaw, we get a loaf of cinnamon raisin toast for breakfast.

Not sure what we will have for tea this time we are on the later flight landing about 6:30pm by the time we get to the villa and shopping we may be past eating so may grab something on the way to the villa.
That Publix is 2 minutes "down" the road from Highgate Park where we always stay.

A quick coffee at the villa, unpack then down to Publix to pick up the essentials including their famous fried chicken for dinner. A Longhorn fillet is wasted on us on the first night when our 75 year old body clocks tell us it's past midnight.

Early November flight for us. Come on Joe and tell us.

Mick
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
That Publix is 2 minutes "down" the road from Highgate Park where we always stay.

A quick coffee at the villa, unpack then down to Publix to pick up the essentials including their famous fried chicken for dinner. A Longhorn fillet is wasted on us on the first night when our 75 year old body clocks tell us it's past midnight.

Early November flight for us. Come on Joe and tell us.

Mick
Were Tuscan Hills, so not far - I have seen a lot of posts about the Publix fried chicken and my OH will give it a try at some point this time.

I must admit I could not do a full sit down restaurant meal after the flight. A light meal/snack, crash by the pool for a while and roll into bed.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List