Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Oct 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Thanks, Mick!
Looks like he's removed the "special offers" tab. Best to email him.

Mick
Old 6 Oct 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
How long did it take for Andy to get back to you? I sent him a message on his site the other day but had no reply. Asked for a quote today too via special offers but still no reply there either.
I’m also waiting to hear back from Andy. I’m starting to feel pretty nervous now as the prices seem to be only going up!
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bb123
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by silver_age View Post
I've just popped to that site to see what they could offer. Most were the usual £1000+, but among it all was Budget coming in at €378 for a "large" car. Not quite sure why just that one class should have such a reasonable price but I'm quite tempted to jump on it. I'd rather have an SUV like last time, but not at literally 5 times the price.
Just booked 16 days in the full size category with autoeurope.ie for £401 about 30% of other options.
I have used budget before no problems and my last full size was dodge charger 5.0 monster so hopefully that and not a malibu!
Bb123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Maindrain
Trainee Dibber

Wow, cheers for the tip about autoeurope.ie, booked a "full size" for twenty one days for £654.54. That's nearly half of the Virgin quote, and £945 less than Andy's quote.

No idea what is going on with car hire prices, but very pleased with the deal I've booked.

Multiple trips since 1991, and EuroDisney just the once!
OK, I like Florida.
Maindrain is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

I had a reply from Andy overnight with a quote but sadly at this stage he is almost three times the price of Autoeurope.

Still over 8 months to go though so plenty of time for the market to settle down.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by silver_age View Post
I had a reply from Andy overnight with a quote but sadly at this stage he is almost three times the price of Autoeurope.

Still over 8 months to go though so plenty of time for the market to settle down.
Same here. £1205 vs £438 both with Budget.

I also think prices will fall over time but by how much? I work for a car plant and believe me, this chip shortage problem isn’t going away anytime soon. The group I work for has lost 400,000 vehicles worldwide so far in 2021 due to the chip shortage with 125,000 in September alone. 😳
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

I said that at those prices I would have to wait and I asked him what he thought the outlook was. He said:

"I honestly don’t see prices dropping. The demand has never been higher so doesn’t make business sense for the rental companies to reduce the prices when so many are willing to pay these high prices."

I think there are enough players in the Orlando car rental market for competition to ensure prices come tumbling down again once the supply of vehicles is normalised. It's just a question of how long that will be. I think at the moment the rental companies are trying to throttle demand with mad prices.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

I also had a reply from Andy overnight- £1544 for 18 days full sized 7 seat SUV with Alamo. It’s 50% less than I’m finding elsewhere and it can be adjusted, changed or cancelled up to 48hrs before so it’s a no brainer for us and we’ve gone for it.

Edited at 12:08 PM.
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List