Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I did my bookings yesterday. Had a rethink of the plans overall which ended up with me adding an extra day in Anaheim (mainly because it is now at the end and wasn’t worth switching for the final day). So I have three nights at the Grand Californian and then we move to the JW Marriott which I secured for a bargain £130 per night.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I did my bookings yesterday. Had a rethink of the plans overall which ended up with me adding an extra day in Anaheim (mainly because it is now at the end and wasn’t worth switching for the final day). So I have three nights at the Grand Californian and then we move to the JW Marriott which I secured for a bargain £130 per night.
That's a good price for the JW - where did you book that. I am going myself next summer, intend to do 4 nights DVC stay in a VGC 1 bed. But if I can't get it, I need a backup. The Hyatt House was always recommended recently, and looks great but JW Marriott I imagine would be good (always have been when I have stayed in others).
Old 17 Oct 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
That's a good price for the JW - where did you book that. I am going myself next summer, intend to do 4 nights DVC stay in a VGC 1 bed. But if I can't get it, I need a backup. The Hyatt House was always recommended recently, and looks great but JW Marriott I imagine would be good (always have been when I have stayed in others).
I always book hotels and flight directly, but I am a big user of Expedia to get an overview of what is around / who flies etc. Anyway I was on Expedia yesterday and saw this great rate for JW Marriott, I couldn’t get the same rate directly so took the plunge with Expedia. The booking is credit card secured but no payment until there and fully cancellable.

I have been watching a few JW Marriott vlogs today and looks really nice, an easy walk, very happy with the choice and the rate!
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I always book hotels and flight directly, but I am a big user of Expedia to get an overview of what is around / who flies etc. Anyway I was on Expedia yesterday and saw this great rate for JW Marriott, I couldn’t get the same rate directly so took the plunge with Expedia. The booking is credit card secured but no payment until there and fully cancellable.

I have been watching a few JW Marriott vlogs today and looks really nice, an easy walk, very happy with the choice and the rate!
Is that the one by the Garden Walk? Looks a good location. We plan on visiting there a few times as it has some good dining options
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Is that the one by the Garden Walk? Looks a good location. We plan on visiting there a few times as it has some good dining options
Yes it is right by the Garden Walk, it does look like a good spot for dining.
Old 3 Nov 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Milliebob
VIP Dibber

Does anybody know if we arrived at the Grand Californian super early (like 7am) with a reservation for that night, would be be able to park the car there?
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2016, May 2019, June 2022, July 2022, Nov 2022
Next trip - Drury Inn Universal, Beach Club, Pop, Vero Beach, Grand Floridian, All Star Movies
Milliebob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milliebob View Post
Does anybody know if we arrived at the Grand Californian super early (like 7am) with a reservation for that night, would be be able to park the car there?
Yes

You’d be paying for parking at the prevailing rate though.

We found it more cost efficient to ditch the car when we checked in but obviously that may not work for you if you’re off somewhere else after
Old 3 Nov 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Yes

You’d be paying for parking at the prevailing rate though.

We found it more cost efficient to ditch the car when we checked in but obviously that may not work for you if you’re off somewhere else after
I can't remember if we did 4 or 5 nights at the Disneyland Hotel, but I do remember that I dropped the family off there and immediately went to Paradise Pier to drop the hire car off at the rental car office place there.

As you suggest - there's little need for a car, really, when you're staying "on site".

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Milliebob
VIP Dibber

Thank you - we're driving from Vegas to Disneyland in the (very early) morning, doing one day in the parks, staying the night then next day off to Universal, then back to Vegas that night so we need to keep the car!

Hectic I know but it's a last minute 5 night trip and I can't go all that way and not do Disneyland... And I'm quite happy to sacrifice 2 days in Vegas since I've been a bajillion times.
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2016, May 2019, June 2022, July 2022, Nov 2022
Next trip - Drury Inn Universal, Beach Club, Pop, Vero Beach, Grand Floridian, All Star Movies
Milliebob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Yesterday I decided to change my arrival date by one day and spotted that there is a deal on all three on-site hotels at the moment. I have rebooked my dates at 2/3 of the price I had.

The offer is for stays between January and April not including weekends, in case anyone is thinking about it.