Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
geniecat
Looking for my Ears

nhs covid app

Am booked to go to Las Vegas and San Francisco this November. I believe California requires a Covid app for indoor dining. Does anyone know if our NHS app is accepted, or will be? Can't seem to get any answers on the google!
geniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Good question but I guess it is to early to tell what will be acceptable. The devil will be in the detail that they will be working on and release shortly

One word of caution - I was unable to use the NHS app 2 years ago to re-order prescription teams as it knew I was out of country so they would have to tweak permission to allow it (but you an always take a download of your covid pass and keep that available (and print off hard copy ))

I guess details will come out in next few weeks - I too am looking out for detail like where do we get tested when we land ? Places I have looked at wont let me book an appointment with a UK mobile and address - I expect those issues to be sorted so not unduly worried
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
geniecat
Looking for my Ears

Thanks for advice, Megaflyer. I thought however we do not need to be tested after we arrive in the US. Only that we we get tested 3 days before departure to the US. Please correct me if I am wrong! But you are right in saying, kinks will be ironed out in the next few days/weeks, hopefully before the 13th November!
geniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

For travel into USA you do not get tested when you land.

You need to get tested 3 days or less before your flight leaves The UK/ Ireland / Europe.

You then upload the documentation to the airline before travel, either through the airline website or through a third party website

At check in they may also ask for printed documents.

You will also have to fill out Covid Attestation Form, either through the airlines website or a printed copy.

The airline will check your vaccine status and your Covid test results before you fly.

The airline will email you details of the documentation required and where or how to upload it before your flight, just like they send you an email of when check in is open.

For the specific requirement of showing a vaccine status as far as I am aware is for LA county only. As far as I am aware it is not state wide. You need to check the requirements of the specific local area or city you are travelling to. For example, Universal Studios in Burbank, LA County requires proof of vaccine to enter the theme park. Disneyland California in Anaheim, Orange County does not require proof of vaccine to enter the theme park.

As far as I am aware, the NHS App and European Digital Cert will be accepted to show proof of vaccine. However, it would be best to check with with an individual location before you travel to confirm this.

CDC Website

Fully vaccinated international travelers arriving in the United States are still required to get tested 3 days before travel by air into the United States (or show documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months) and should still get tested 3-5 days after their trip.

Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States

Why does the Order specify 3 days rather than 72 hours? What is considered 3 days?
The 3-day period is the 3 days before the flight’s departure. The Order uses a 3-day timeframe instead of 72 hours to provide more flexibility to the traveler. By using a 3-day window, test validity does not depend on the time of the flight or the time of day that the test was administered.

For example, if a passenger’s flight is at 1pm on a Friday, the passenger could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Tuesday or after.

What types of SARS-CoV-2 test are acceptable under the Order?
Passengers must be tested with a viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). Examples of available NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 include but are not restricted to reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), transcription-mediated amplification (TMA), nicking enzyme amplification reaction (NEAR), and helicase-dependent amplification (HDA). The test used must be authorized for use by the relevant national authority for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 in the country where the test is administered. A viral test conducted for U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) personnel, including DOD contractors, dependents, and other U.S. government employees, and tested by a DOD laboratory located in a foreign country also meets the requirements of the Order.

Can I get a rapid test?
Rapid tests are acceptable as long as they are a viral test acceptable under the Order.

Does a self-test meet the conditions of the Order?
International air passengers traveling to the United States can use a self-test (sometimes referred to as home test) that meets the following criteria:

The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of CDC’s Order (see “What information must be included in the test result?” below).
Airlines and other aircraft operators must be able to review and confirm the person’s identity and the test result details. The passenger must also be able to present the documentation of test results to U.S. officials at the port of entry and local/state health departments, if requested.
For travelers who test positive, CDC recommends the telehealth provider report positive test results to relevant public health authorities in the traveler’s location following local requirements. The telehealth provider should also counsel the traveler on what they and their close contacts should do. This would include not traveling until they complete isolation (if infected) or quarantine (if exposed), in accordance with local requirements.

Some countries may restrict importation of tests that are not authorized or registered there. Travelers who are considering bringing a U.S.-authorized test with them for use outside of the United States should contact authorities at their destination for information before they travel.

What information must be included on the test result?
A test result must be in the form of written documentation (paper or electronic copy). The documentation must include:
  • Type of test (indicating it is a NAAT or antigen test)
  • Entity issuing the result (e.g. laboratory, healthcare entity, or telehealth service)
  • Specimen collection date. A negative test result must show the specimen was collected within the 3 days before the flight. A positive test result for documentation of recovery from COVID-19 must show the specimen was collected within the 3 months before the flight.
  • Information that identifies the person (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number)
  • Test Result

Edited at 12:34 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geniecat View Post
Thanks for advice, Megaflyer. I thought however we do not need to be tested after we arrive in the US. Only that we we get tested 3 days before departure to the US. Please correct me if I am wrong! But you are right in saying, kinks will be ironed out in the next few days/weeks, hopefully before the 13th November!
I have a close friend flying this week (for business) and he will report back to me the facts and I will update you xx
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List