Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

Virgin applied 2020 holiday to my 2021 dates

As many people had a lot of trouble getting in contact with Virgin to sort out what is happening this year although we where not due to fly out til the end of October 2020 we decided that it would not be worthwhile to take a trip this year with all the uncertainty around travelling at the minute and a 2nd wave poss lurking? Anyway I sent a letter to Virgin Holidays at the start of last week requesting that the 2020 booking to be cancelled and asked for the money paid so far to be allocated to my June 2021 booking which I made back in April when this Virus hit (planning ahead) due to Virgin not taking any calls etc... also the June prices was coming back better than the October dates that we wanted it was just affordable with a 2k price dive it made more sense at the time. The end of last week I then got an email from Virgin Holidays telling me that my request had been sorted, all payments had no been transferred to the 2021 dates, I am happy with the way it has went so far now just have to hope that we have plenty of time to get things settled and back to some kind of normality to be able to enjoy the trips back to Florida again.
n a side note I will say that as a family we have have been customers of Virgin now for 10yrs flying out the Disney and in that time I have never been able to fault Virgin once for their service and customer care. I am not one for complaining or pushing for free upgrades I just trust in a fair service without going too far to gain freebies etc...
The only thing I have left to sort out now is the pre-paid seats in the bubble which I had paid for of the now scrapped 747's so that is a diff matter now.
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

hi we did the same and had all monies transferred from our September 2020 holiday to July 2021, this was a few weeks ago and we weren't charged any admin fees or anything so no complaints from us. I contacted virgin holidays via WhatsApp and they were really good. Glad you got yours sorted out too, nice to read a positive post during these trying times.

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My May VH booking obviously didn't happen so I had them transfer the money paid for May to my December one for this year that was already booked, this left me having paid £484 too much, which they said I would be refunded in 45 days... Sadly, still waiting for the refund 117 days later.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
suebuttons
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi, we were due to go to Orlando in Dec, we contacted our local virgin rep who forwarded us to someone else, they moved our holiday to Dec 21 with no problems. Very happy with the service from virgin.
Old 2 Aug 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

Pers I would have preferred to go in October again as we like the halloween/xmas events but I kinda panicked at the extra 2k on the online prices so booked it myself for June, just hope we have a kinda normality again to be able to enjoy it
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by suebuttons View Post
Hi, we were due to go to Orlando in Dec, we contacted our local virgin rep who forwarded us to someone else, they moved our holiday to Dec 21 with no problems. Very happy with the service from virgin.
That’s interesting - did you have to pay anything to do that? We’d like to do the same, but don’t want to pay the fee for doing so. We’ve already moved once (from July to December) but as December comes closer I don’t feel that we’ll have the holiday we imagined.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
suebuttons
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi, we had to pay an admin fee, but we would rather do that than lose the deposit.
Old 3 Aug 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

What is the Virgin Hoilday Whats app number as I can only find VA number?
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
what is the virgin hoilday whats app number as i can only find va number?
+44 20 3322 3289
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
+44 20 3322 3289
Thanks
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List