Notices

Old 2 Mar 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

Another interesting day. Love the idea of the tunnels keeping you out of the cold. Boo to more homework
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Some bargains with your shopping. I’m not seeing you get much for yourself though - that’s being a mum for you!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
I like the dead of the hidden underground world , practical and less crowded ! Fab bargains and more statues... Perfect. Glad the classes seem to be ok for you, obviously not everyone's taste though. A bit like the beetroot burger..mmm, not fancying that myself , is it nice?
The beetroot burger was lovely! Not really that beetrooty! Is Andy still vegan?

Originally Posted by LuvPluto View Post
Another interesting day. Love the idea of the tunnels keeping you out of the cold. Boo to more homework
The tunnels are such a great addition to the city!

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Some bargains with your shopping. I’m not seeing you get much for yourself though - that’s being a mum for you!
I hate clothes shopping! I had to buy a new top toda which was bad enough

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oops, I just saw my typo. I meant idea, not dead. That would be like a zombie thing. Lol. Auto correct having fun with my speed typing .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Oops, I just saw my typo. I meant idea, not dead. That would be like a zombie thing. Lol. Auto correct having fun with my speed typing .
Whoops - though dead also kind of makes sense

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Rats! We missed the Berlin Wall.

The last time we were at Epcot we saw these amazing steins in the Germany pavilion...

...they have little chunks of the wall on their lids!

I determined that R.C. wouldn't find it easy to DRINK from the stein, though...so at $125 apiece, we left them.

The IWM London has a slice of the Wall...I should look where all the rest ended up! Sometimes it's hard to believe that time in history has passed...

Edited at 11:35 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Rats! We missed the Berlin Wall.

The last time we were at Epcot we saw these amazing steins in the Germany pavilion...

...they have little chunks of the wall on their lids!

I determined that R.C. wouldn't find it easy to DRINK from the stein, though...so at $125 apiece, we left them.

The IWM London has a slice of the Wall...I should look where all the rest ended up! Sometimes it's hard to believe that time in history has passed...
$125 - I would have left it too!

I was lucky enough to visit Berlin pre-unification and post! The wall was such a symbol of the cold war. It doesn’t seem that long ago that it fell but it was almost 30 years if my memory serves me right (1989?)

Index of my trip reports
Old 22 May 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
$125 - I would have left it too!

I was lucky enough to visit Berlin pre-unification and post! The wall was such a symbol of the cold war. It doesn’t seem that long ago that it fell but it was almost 30 years if my memory serves me right (1989?)
Gosh - can it be 30 years ago? I'm so old!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Gosh - can it be 30 years ago? I'm so old!
I checked - it is! I am also old

Index of my trip reports