Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 8 May 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Each to their own!
Shame about your result yesterday by the way. Must have been tough
I'm not sure why it's an issue? Do you not agree with people getting drunk at Disney? Genuine question not baiting
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Ruthy1604
VIP Dibber

Absolutely I would go.

You only live once, and as long as your DW is OK with it, I wouldn't hesitate.
Ruthy1604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Ruthy1604
VIP Dibber

PS.

When I heard that the Osborne lights were ending, DH and I flew over to see them one last time. We stayed 2 nights & flew home again. Left the teens at home

Did I feel guilty - a bit.
Do I regret it - nope not a bit. We had a whale of a time
Ruthy1604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
I'm not sure why it's an issue? Do you not agree with people getting drunk at Disney? Genuine question not baiting
As I said each to their own. There isn't an issue and I have no problem with people getting drunk at Disney. I enjoy a drink myself and drink at Disney and anywhere else I chose to. The op asked for opinions and I gave mine.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
This time last year I was hugging my sobbing daughter in the stand at The Riverside as we missed out on promotion on goal difference, hoping that she wouldn't be "that crying fan" that the Sky cameras love to show.

Missing out on the title is tough, particularly in the manner it happened yesterday, but we can't be disappointed with our season. Looking forward to our visit to Goodison - one of only a handful of the 92 I've not done.
I accept I'm biased but you'll be hard pushed you I find a better atmosphere than goodison on its day!
I've been invited down to Brighton for the away fixture by Brighton fans who sponsor so interesting to see what you can offer!

Edited at 10:39 AM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
This time last year I was hugging my sobbing daughter in the stand at The Riverside as we missed out on promotion on goal difference, hoping that she wouldn't be "that crying fan" that the Sky cameras love to show.

Missing out on the title is tough, particularly in the manner it happened yesterday, but we can't be disappointed with our season. Looking forward to our visit to Goodison - one of only a handful of the 92 I've not done.
So I guess, you have decided not to take me then

Disney332
Old 8 May 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

In true decisive BB manner I have to answer with complete honesty and say "I don't know" which probably means I would.

In' my distant past I did do a trip on my own. It had been a tough couple of years (death o my Grandmother who I adored,death of my father) and so I went to FL for 10 days.

Would I do it now if finances permitted? I would probably err on the side of "no". If I thought it would be the last trip and I would deprive any children of their turn to go (and me take them) then the answer would def be no.

OP it has to be your choice - but let us know what you decide please!
Old 8 May 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Did you go?
I travel to the far east regularly on business without my husband so we don't 'live in each other's pocket', but I'd never go on a 'holiday' trip without him. I enjoy his company, he's my best friend and I'd be quite lonely without him. This type of trip is a family one, I couldn't go alone
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I'm really surprised at some of the answers on here suggesting that a marriage isn't a proper partnership if you don't live in each others pocket and never spend time apart.
We've been married nearly 40 years, spend most of our free time very happily together, but in a situation like this DH would be the first to say 'go', enjoy it, and bring me some whisky back - knowing that we'd be going together later in the year.
Each to their own, but would some of the responses be different if money were not a factor?
I must admit, I didn't expect my parenting and, errrm, partnering to be called into question in the way it has. Each time there's a knock at the door today, I'm expecting it to be social services coming to take my son away...

Money isn't really a factor. No one will be missing out on anything if I do pop across, although that's looking increasingly unlikely now as I sit here procrastinating (and checking flight prices for August).

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn't go by myself. Not because I can't be away from my family (although I'd miss them), I just wouldn't enjoy myself. It's our family place and it wouldn't be right without them.
My son particularly would be furious if I swanned of to Florida without him 😬

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread