Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 09, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post

What to wear in october in florida

Hi please can you help?
What to wear in october in florida,its our first vist and dont know what I should buy to take with us?we are a familey two adults and 4 and 9 year old girls.

hope you can help elaine
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
tessdog
Imagineer

tessdog's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi

T shirts , shorts a light cardi for the evening and in the resterants as the air con can feel quite cold.

We are normally there until the middle of Oct and its quite hot.
xx

Disney Wonder Cruise, Residance Inn Seaworld, Bay lake tower Sep / Oct 2010
DVC Saratoga Springs, Vero beach, Animal Kingdom Villas Sep/Oct 2008
Disney Pop Century Sep 2006
Wyndham Orlando Resort Oct 2005
DLP Sep1992
International Drive Oct 1991
tessdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Hiya. When we went in october last time i wore vest tops and 3/4 combat pants or 3/4 jeans. Others who i was with wore shorts and vest tops. We had a 1 and a half yr old with us and he wore shorts and t-shirt. Hope this helps
Old 2 Jun 09, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
andyhayley
Imagineer

9 out of the last 10 times we have been in October it has been nice and warm, t-shirts and shorts weather, but of course occasionally it can be cooler and the 1 time out of ten it was definately cooler and we needed light jumpers, so I would say its a good idea to pack at least 1 jumper just in case and hopefully you wont need them.

Andy
andyhayley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

We were there beginning of last October and wore pretty much exactly what we have worn on previous visits in May, June and Sept! As others mention, worth popping a cardi in just in case but I certainly wouldn't be too concerned...x
Old 2 Jun 09, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

Don't take too much!
Shorts & t shirts are what most people wear. A fleece or cardigan for the evenings and restaurants (the air conditioning can be cold). Maybe some leggings or trousers for the girls if their legs get cold in the evenings.
Are you staying in a villa or hotel? If you have access to a washer/dryer then take a weeks worth of clothes and a few washing powder tablets. The first few times we went we always took too many clothes and didn't wear half of them.
Sun hats. Don't forget the sun hats.
Pac-a-macs just in case there is a shower.
Comfy shoes/sandals/trainers.
Old 2 Jun 09, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mariasmadhouse
Imagineer

First time we went in October I convinced myself we'd need cardi's or fleeces, but it was lovely and warm even if it rained, the rain didn't last too long and a fleece would have been too warm. Lived in shorts and vest tops.
Old 2 Jun 09, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

We went at the end on Oct last year and had a few days when it was pretty cold and even had to buy sweatshirts in seaworld. I think (and hope) this is not the norm for Oct. most days were shorts and t.shirts
lovedisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

I've been ten times in October over the years - all but one year the weather was very warm and summery - definitely shorts and t shirt weather. The one bad weather year it rained constantly and was cooler.

In general I'd suggest taking just enough clothes for 3 or 4 days and then buying what you need out there - clothes are SO cheap! and great quality too - wash and tumble dry a dream. back in the days when I used to go every year I'd buy my two sons their full year's wardrobe each year in Orlando

That way you'll save money but also be able to judge exactly what you need as you'll already be there, iyswim
Old 2 Jun 09, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post

t-shirt & shorts
Closed Thread