Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Aug 05, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Virgin cancelled VS027 FLIGHT

Hi Dibbers

Received a letter this morning from Virgin informing me that flight numbers VS027 & 028 have been cancelled on my forth coming trip in Septemeber. We have been changed to flight numbers VS015 & 016 That leave 1 1/4 hours later on both inbound and outbound.

I had allocated my seats on the VS027 & 028 on the Virgin atlantic website and we selected seats that we were very happy with. Now we probobly wont getthe choice as the people already on this flight have probobly already chose these seats.

I am not very happy about this change at all.Can Virgin d this and why have they done this?

What about the people that had chose to pay for premium Econonmy? What if the seats on the VS015 & 016 have already been allocated on these flights what will they have to do?

I have been really dissapointed with Virgin. I emailed them 3 weeks ago enquiring about extending my holiday by a day or two and have had ne reply. I have sent this email 3 times now without a response and now this.

It has also now put a spanner in the works for my transport that was arranged. A work colleague was going to take us to the airport for our flight and then go onto work as it would of give him just enough time to get to work now that we are on a later flight we either have to arrive very early at the airport so he can get to work on time or find an alternative. Virgin have caused us problems here and I am not happy. I think next year that this has now made my mind up on using an alternative next year

Most off all like I said above we have now lost our seats we chose on the Virgin Atlantuc website. We were very happy about these seats. I realise that they are not guarenteed but I now have no chance at all.

Is it worth emailing them about this and about them not replying to my email about extending my holiday by a day or two. Or will I be ignored like before

I will now probobly use tcd next year

An unhappy Virgin customer

Mandy

:angry: :angry:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 05, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

It looks like due to low pasenger numbers the earlier flight has been cancelled and everyone moved onto the later flight. We found in July that PE had only 17 out of 38 seats in the bubble occupied! Scheduled airline often rearrange flights at the slower times of year. The reason the earlier flight was the one to go is so that anyone with connections prior to the flights will make it in plenty of time for the later flight. Have you looked on the VA website to try and 'rebook' your seats? I must say we prefer the earlier fligh to get out there but book the later flight home so we have a longer last day
Claire
Old 6 Aug 05, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post

when were you flying? I'm going in september and don't know much details about the trip as it's package.
Old 6 Aug 05, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post

flying out on the 14th sept - has anybody else been effected by this change in sept
Old 6 Aug 05, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Cheshirecat
Apprentice Imagineer

Cheshirecat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Unfortunately, all airlines can and do make changes like these. JUst the other week I found out my airline (bmi) wasn't even doing the route I had booked anymore! My parents are going with a different airline (AA) and due to a schedule change they now have a 5 hour stop in Chicago (with my 14 month old niece, lovely!). So using TCD next year won't necessarily stop a problem like this happening. They make schedule changes too. My parents have had schedule changes practically evey year they go with various airlines.

Have you tried looking at the seat map for your new flights? There may still be some available. I booked mine last week and there was quite a varied selection available with 15 week until departure date. As you said yourself, seat requests are just that: requests. They are not guaranteed. You could have had your seats booked for 11 months, then the day before you go, the aircraft goes tech and they are forced to use a different one with a different seating configuration.

Unless you are booked in PE, I wouldn't worry over that. Virgin will have a commercial policy in place to cover that.

I know it is highly inconvenient for you, but a change 75 mins isn't too bad. I've seen flight changes in my job of 10 hours or more!

I'm not trying to be unsympathetic, but the actual flight is only 9 hours of a week/2 week/3 week holiday. Don't let it bother you too much. This come from a person who was tearing her hair out 10 days ago because of bmi! But I didn't want to accept their alternative so that's partly my own fault.

AS for them not getting back to you via email: that isn't good service. And emailing them again obviously isn't working. I would call them instead, though it can take a while to get through.

Don't ler it ruin the excitement of your holiday!

"The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent Avios/British Airways’ positions, strategies or opinions"
Cheshirecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 05, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Looks like 11th, 12th and 13th are cancelled but the 14th is still showing as bookable on the VA website Having looked at the pattern and knowing how flights at the beginning of the week are quieter then I can understand the reasons for the cancellations.
Claire
Old 6 Aug 05, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

The second week in September is probably the quietest of the year for flights to Orlando. Not many parents take their children out for the very first weeks of term, hence the numbers are down hugely. Im not surprised they have cut down on flights for that week.

However, for those that ARE travelling that week, it must be very frustrating to be told that your flight is cancelled. Mandy, I would still get to the airport at the same time - you can check in nice and early and get some good seats. 75 mins isnt much of a delay, and to be honest every time we have flown on the VS027 it has taken off at least 1 hour late anyway! There is plenty to do at the airport and you can have a nice leisurely brekkie and some duty free shopping before you board!

Virgin take weeks and weeks to reply to emails. Call them to talk to someone if you want a quick response. The email they WILL send back will only say call Customer Services anyway...emailing is a complete waste of time. Besides, when you call them you can ask about your seats and you may still get what you orginally booked.

Good luck.
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 05, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post

All these empty seats? - maybe Virgin should think about lowering the prices!

Doreen
Old 6 Aug 05, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

last time i flew virgin my flight was changed from a thursday out of gatwick to a tuesday out of manchester! as we didn't want to fly out of manchester, we ended up going a week later on the following thursday. needless to say, it was the last time we used virgin.
Old 6 Aug 05, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally posted by rusty30
The second week in September is probably the quietest of the year for flights to Orlando. Not many parents take their children out for the very first weeks of term, hence the numbers are down hugely. Im not surprised they have cut down on flights for that week.
I wonder if the hurricanes last Sept have made people wary of going at the same time this Sept?
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread