Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 12, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Psymon
Excited about Disney

Exclamation Toll Problem - Help!

Dibbers I need your help. I failed at Orlando driving 101 and did not have the correct change for an un-manned toll booth. We took a pay by mail envelope but now I'm not sure what I need to do..

How do I pay the toll charge? The envelope asks that we send the payment by cheque or money order, does anyone know where I can get one of these?

Not a good start to the honeymoon I know but would rather get it sorted than get stung with any additional charges from the hire co.
Psymon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
james weir
Imagineer

Florida law permits that every car can run a toll twice,however as you are driving a
hire car,you have no way of known if the car has run a toll in the past.The law further
permits that the toll company has the power to seize any car that has run a toll and not
paid,the car rental company will therefore pay the toll as soon as they receive the notice
therefore it is now out of your hands,as paying direct will not stop the toll at this stage,
one can only hope that the car has not run 2 tolls in the past.
james weir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post

you could contact the hire company ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Hiya!

We did the exact same thing at Celebration. We got a money order from Amscott, it's really really simple to do an takes all of 30 seconds.

It's on the same complex as the Walmart on Vineland road. If you turn in as if you're going to Walmart and then instead of turning left to park up for Walmart, you turn right and then right again, you're still on the car park, you'll see a row of shops and Amscott is at the end, you can park right outside. They'll sort everything you need to pay the toll, I think they must be used tourists!

I've also heard you can get money orders at Walmart, but had no experience of this.

Hope that helps, enjoy your honeymoon!
Claire

Edited at 09:05 AM.
excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Psymon
Excited about Disney

Thank you so such much Claire. We'll go and find it today. We needed to go Walmart today anyway so will sort it.
Psymon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

There are loads of us in this club.
Old 2 Nov 12, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I done it too - just ring the hire company. I rang Alamo and they said it was no problem - I never paid and I was never billed
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
The-JAXX
Imagineer

The-JAXX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did just that in August and recieved a bill for $25 +50c for the toll from Dollar for not paying a toll. I didn't pick up an envelope though (didn't see those) just waited for the fine in the post.
DLP-May02,Oct05,April08,FLORIDA- May03,Holiday inn,Xmas04QualityInnApril06VillasofSomerset/RPR,Aug07BahamaBay/RPR,Dec08 BahamaBay,Aug10 BahamaBay/HRH,Feb11 New York,Aug11 Cypress,Aug12 BahamaBay/Vegas,Feb14 BahamaBay,Aug14 Sanfran/Vegas/LA,Aug15 Bahamabay/Aug16 vegas/monteray /san diego/Mar17 NewYork/Dec17 Disney Cruise/Bahama Bay/Jun18 Florida/Sep18 Seattle/Hawaii/Dec18 Florida/Feb19 ParisDisney/Jun19 Barbados/Dec19 Bahama Bay
The-JAXX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Earlier this year we arrived at a 75c toll WHICH WE PAID but I don't think it registered. That was all the change we had so we drove on. A week after the hol we noticed a £1.75 charge on the credit card
Old 2 Nov 12, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread