Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 13 May 12, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post

standing in a queue

hi just wanted to check this is our first time to wdw 2 adults and our 2 girls age 7 and 5. my five year old molly suffers from arthritis and would not be able to stand in long queues is there anything in place for her ? thanyou cathy.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BensMum
Apprentice Imagineer

If you go to Guest Services and show them evidence of your daughter's medical condition you may be able to get a pass to allow you to access rides through the disabled entrance and avoid the long waits.
BensMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbaby29871
Imagineer

If you daughter uses a stroller as a wheelchair you can get a GAC to use the stroller as a wheelchair. Another option could be to rent a wheelchair for her to use as the distances walked in WDW are more than some people realise. If you have a wheelchair a GAC will not be needed as most queues are streamlined now and the CM will direct you to the accessible queue. Also utilise the fast passes as well to cut down your wait time as well. Have a great time.
angelbaby29871 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dave9LPG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

From your post I think you might be the Cathy we met in Tenerife (Bahia Principe) in 2010.

This is Marie (Nicola's sister, andy's sister-in-law)

Edited at 09:07 PM.
Dave9LPG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello and welcome to the Dibb!

If you have a look at the sticky thread at the top of the special needs forum you will find details of Guest Assistance Passes that will help your family to enjoy the parks. You will be advised to use Fastpass where possible to minimise wait times and to use a stroller or wheelchair. As well as standing in line there is a lot of walking around the parks. If your DD uses a buggy or wheelchair at home you should take it with you otherwise you can hire from an offsite company or at the parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mertin
Imagineer

FYI - you do not need to provide any evidence to 'prove' a condition exists. I think I read somewhere that they aren't allowed(US Law), plus I think the majority of people who go to Disney aren't the type to abuse this sort of system
2022 - BLT, Disney Fantasy; BLT Disney Dream
DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower
mertin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Welcome . My daughter also suffered from JIA and we got a GAC for her, its also worth hiring a wheelchair for her too as there is a lot of walking and the heat doesn't help, you want her to be able to enjoy the park and not be in pain. She'll have a lovely time at WDW.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mertin View Post
FYI - you do not need to provide any evidence to 'prove' a condition exists. I think I read somewhere that they aren't allowed(US Law), plus I think the majority of people who go to Disney aren't the type to abuse this sort of system
YOu would be amazed how many abuse the sytem. My wife has a wheelchair so use the pass every year when she is going on a ride...there's lots of people entering the disabled entrance with a pass who literally run past us to get on the ride as quickly as possible... as US law does not allow them to question a disability then anyone can go and give a story and get a pass. Disney is the most trusting of all, last year when asked when our vacation would finish ( they put a valid to date on the card, which is accepted in all parks irrespective of the one you got it at) and gave a date 10 months later...they put that date on without questioning at all...
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell1971
Apprentice Imagineer

tinkerbell1971's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Hi, I have to walk with a stick now due to my back and still want to go on some of the rides. Will me and hubby be able to go to the disabled area instead of queuing as I cannot stand for very long. We will use fast passes where available but don't want to be standing for too long if it isn't necassary as I really can't do it anymore. I don't have anything to prove this although it is on my doctors records and I am on medication for the pain but do not have a disabled badge or anything. I was thinking of hiring a scooter but really don't want to go down that road just yet, will take it easy and rest when I can. Any advice on queuing in disabled line would be great. Thanks in advance xx
tinkerbell1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerbell1971 View Post
Hi, I have to walk with a stick now due to my back and still want to go on some of the rides. Will me and hubby be able to go to the disabled area instead of queuing as I cannot stand for very long. We will use fast passes where available but don't want to be standing for too long if it isn't necassary as I really can't do it anymore. I don't have anything to prove this although it is on my doctors records and I am on medication for the pain but do not have a disabled badge or anything. I was thinking of hiring a scooter but really don't want to go down that road just yet, will take it easy and rest when I can. Any advice on queuing in disabled line would be great. Thanks in advance xx
Go to Guest Services, explain the situation and Disney will give you a pass for the duration of your holiday...you then use the disabled entrance. Seaworld will give you a pass for the day. US and IOA also give you a pass for the day but if there is a line over 30 minute it works as a fast pass and they will give you a return time...
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread