Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jul 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
claireandjohn
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Some advice for June 2020 from Glasgow

Hi all I'm looking for some advice please.
Hope to go to Disney next year, looking roughly at last two weeks of June or last week June and first week of July 14 nights. Basically whatever works out cheapest for 2 adults and 2 children aged 9 and 3.
I can get flights direct from Glasgow for £2,170 at the moment.
I'm just wondering what is a reasonable price for June for flights and accommodation? Should I wait will prices come down if I book last minute?
Thanks
Claire

Edited at 07:21 AM.
claireandjohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you are wanting as cheap as possible a trip down to Manchester would probably be best as it is before the English schools break up.
Not Florida but we have driven up to Glasgow in August the last two years. Saved a fortune.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

There's no guarantee that the prices will drop closer to the time, it's a gamble.

Thomas Cook aren't currently planning to fly as much from Glasgow next year so the only guaranteed direct routes are with Virgin or TUI (to Sanford).

You need to find a price that you're comfortable with and not look back, you might get people telling you that they got flights for £x this year but that isn't a guarantee that the same will happen again as market conditions & demand dictate the pricing.

What i will say though, is that the prices at the moment for June will be high as you're only getting into scope for the flights being released by the airlines and as competitors start to release flights the prices will naturally come down a little, however, seeing as you're flying from Scotland the peak get away dates are generally involving the last 2 weeks of term but when we were looking to book for 2020 we found that Manchester was actually coming out more expensive but that's probably as the airlines are wise to travelling Scots.
Old 22 Jul 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

What date is that price for ? Who is it with ? If that was me I’d book it and then book direct with Disney.
This year we flew out of Manchester and back into Glasgow so only meant a one way train ticket and hotel stay
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi
I think that is a good price for Direct just fits into my under £550 criteria 🤣 trick is if you are happy book it and don’t look again ... not even a peek that way you can stay happy with what you paid

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
That's a good price for direct from Glasgow, can I ask who the airline is? We are looking at similar time

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Similarly I'd snap up direct from Glasgow at <£550 average

Thomas Cook do have some June/July flights scheduled for next year (Sundays and Mondays) but that's coming in around £625 average for standard economy for same ages as OP (or around £580 average without hold luggage)

Edited at 12:49 PM.
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveHolidays
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
That's a good price for direct from Glasgow, can I ask who the airline is? We are looking at similar time
I'd be interested to know too.

Busy planning Florida holiday number 17
LoveHolidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ayeready
Excited about Disney

TC are only currently advertising Sunday flights from Glasgow which means a Monday morning return.

TUI are Thursday and Saturday but they don't let you split the flight so if you leave on a Thursday you have to come back on a Thursday, Saturday > Saturday.
We had looked at a Thursday departure with Saturday return (16 nights) but they just won't budge

Virgin are Friday & Saturday.

TC & TUI have released flights for your dates but i'd expect them to go down shortly (within next month).

We fly every year at this time and the best we've had from Glasgow is around £1700. That was with TC 2 years ago. We weren't far off that 3 years ago either with Virgin.

We flew from Manchester this year for £1460 but have vowed never to do it again. Just too much hassle.

Our aim for 2020 will be £1800 from Glasgow for 2A + 2C. It may not be achievable unless TC start a fire sale.
TC flight sale is due within the next few weeks and then Virgin not long after that from memory. Not sure about TUI.

If your happy with £2200 then go for it but i'd hold off for a few weeks to see what happens with the sales.

Edited at 02:24 PM.
ayeready is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
claireandjohn
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Mobile

Thanks for all the advice, that's a great help. The flights were with TUI 18th June returning 2nd July.
Thanks again.
Claire

2008 - Villa / 2009 - PORFQ / 2013 - DLP Cheyenne / 2014 - POP Century
claireandjohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List