Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 6 Aug 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Yorkshire Airport (Leeds Bradford)

Is anyone else watching this :

Are the people we are watching really in responsible positions. My god , the guys who are Duty mgr and tonight a 20 yr old Security supervisor make me never want to fly from there.

They come across as immature , mumbling idiots.
While on airport checks, the young supervisor ( wearing no gloves) looks in food bins, never washes hands and then indulge in spraying duty free fragrances to smell nice. Had to accompany to a medical flight coming in and says “ can’t do blood “ only scrapes and scratches.

The only person on there with an ounce of common sense was a young lady dealing with irate passenger

Edited at 09:11 PM.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've not seen tonight's yet but I have had similar thoughts. The manager meeting Sinitta last week just made me cringe. They all dont seem mature / experienced enough to be in those roles, on camera they certainly do not come across well!
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

For me it puts Yorkshire in a bad light. Hope other parts of the country don’t think we all village idiots. I assure you tonight’s episode was no better.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We watched it earlier and said same about the security supervisor, God knows how he got that far up the ladder cos he seemed very wet between the ears... Said he doesn't do blood then in next breathe said he will let others deal with serious stuff he will stick to cuts and scrapes... Don't they involve blood 🙄🙄... Never flown from Leeds Bradford my daughter has and my sister in law always flys from there, Im not a fan cos its always that airport with images online of planes battling the elements in bad weather, struggling to land... I'll stick to Manchester
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

I haven’t been watching it but I’ve heard people say it’s like a spoof programme! We fly from there with Jet2, including last week, and have never had any issues. I did read that Jet2 who have a base there apparently didn’t want to be involved in the programme.

When we flew from there last year there was a sign up saying they were filming in the airport - luckily I didn’t see any cameras! Seems like it’s backfired and is a bit of a bad PR decision.

Edited at 11:05 PM.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Oh dear, I've seen this weeks episode now and I'm not really sure what to say.
The guy doing his red security walk?
They ALL need to be taken off the floor and put on training courses.
I also didn't like how a woman was sitting quite happily eating her tuna sandwich when the staff member commented on the smell and the camera zoomed in on her.
I can only imagine that this has hugely backfired for the airport and "heads will roll".
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sieborg
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Can I ask what channel this is on?
sieborg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Its on ITV. It’s a definite must watch for a comedy show. I would love to hear the boardroom discussion.
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

When I watched this I thought it was just me being a bit too critical. Glad others agree. Would not encourage me to fly from Leeds:
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Sounds like a real life version of Come Fly with me.

Happy flighting.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List