Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think there's a soup option for the plus starter in Remy now, too. They started offering it when people were deciding not to have a starter as the only option was salad, then they added it to the menu. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

We didn’t have a meal plan but we really enjoyed Captain Jack’s. All our starters and main dishes were plentiful and really tasty. We weren’t as keen on our desserts. Fun setting and atmosphere in there too.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The Plus menu is OK but a little too heavy on coconut, pineapple and mango. It’s like they thought ‘Caribbean’ and bunged those in everything.

The food was OK though, and less fussy than it sounds. For example the ‘fruit soup’ was just finely chopped fruit salad.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

When we had premium dining, we ate in Inventions twice, Auberge de Cendrillon and Annette’s (were able to pick pretty much everything and anything we wanted off the menu - way too much food, but a fun way to use our last dinner voucher. It was the best use for our family and our tastes* but I think there are lots of other restaurants that would suit other families better.)

*i.e. one fairly fussy vegetarian, one meat-eater with a massive appetite, one fussy child with a tiny appetite but unlimited room for desserts, and one child who’ll try anything!

We also had the Plaza Gardens breakfast - Inventions was definitely a million times better and more relaxed, with lots more character interaction. Having said that, the PG breakfast was only in place of an Inventions breakfast and we had 3 of those during our stay anyway, so we were glad we did it in addition to Inventions and Auberge de Cendrillon.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 11:58 PM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
If I had premium vouchers for 3 days I would do
- Inventions dinner (food is excellent, character interaction is outstanding)
- AdC if you have a need to see Princesses
- Silver Spur, rather than the Steakhouse. I have eaten at both in the last 6 months and the SS outstripped the Steakhouse without any question. We found the Steakhouse busy, cramped, food was only so-so, and choice was reduced from previous visits. SS was a much nicer experience from food to serving. Wine was also excellent. I have booked SS for our trip in 5 weeks.
It's sad - the Steakhouse was our go-to, but I'm going to give it a wide berth for a while, it may just need a bit of time to resettle after the lengthy refurb last year.

Other option to throw in is Walt's? Amazing food. Incredible service. The number 1 restaurant on property IMO.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for sharing these ideas - we have the same planning to do for our trip in Dec.

We have booked Inventions lunch, Princess lunch and Plaza Gardens Breakfast. Am i right in thinking the Plaza Gardens breakfast is instead of the breakfast in your hotel? We're there for three nights so am i right in thinking we have one more lunch/dinner option to choose and we'll have the other two breakfasts in our hotel?

In which case i'm not sure what we'll go for... tempted with inventions a second time as we did that last time we went and LOVED it- great food and interaction. I'd like to try Remy as the theming is apparently great but they serve foie gras and i don't want to support that.
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I understand that - but several DLP restaurants sell it, as do many restaurants in France generally.

If you want the Premium menu but not foie gras, I am sure they would let you have the salad or soup instead.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List