Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jul 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JDT2019
Trying for More Ears

Do I need to take my own coffee?

Staying at WDW Riverside resort, we will have unlimited refill cups, but I like a coffee first thing in the morning, I believe there is coffee in the room, but whats it like? Is it a kettle or a maker and if a maker do you add your own milk, I only like a splash, sorry for sounding so fussy!
JDT2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

It’s a coffee maker. From memory they are like big tea bags but with coffee in which you put in the machine. We drink black coffee so can’t help with the milk. Someone else will be along in a bit to add more info.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It’s a traditional filter coffee maker. They provide bags of coffee in filters like a large teabag. We don’t mind it but we tend to buy some filters and nice coffee when we are out shopping.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Yes you add milk. You get some powdered creamer but we buy milk in the resort shop.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

This is different to the machine we have had in the past. I don’t think it will accommodate normal filters and coffee. So you’ll have to use the supplied coffee bags.
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We did not like the coffee from the coffee machine in the room, it was weak and rank lol
We also can not drink coffee from a plastic cup (ie the re fill resort cups) so my husbands job every morning was to head the food court with the paper cups provided in the room and get us both a coffee, there are lids for the cups in the food court. The coffee there was lovely and you can add as much milk as you want.

Next year I am going to either ask for a kettle or take a travel one and take our own coffee & coffee mugs because we are trying to be green 👍🏻👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn’t like the coffee in the room either, I just walk along to the food court to get one each morning.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
beezer
Serious Dibber

Don't like coffee from plastic mugs so every year we buy some cheap Disney proper mugs from Walmart for our room . After all our trips all the mugs in our house are now Disney!
Except for a couple of Universal ones. No fine China in the house .
We also find the coffee in the room a big weak and not hot enough so we always put the water through twice .
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JDT2019
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We did not like the coffee from the coffee machine in the room, it was weak and rank lol
We also can not drink coffee from a plastic cup (ie the re fill resort cups) so my husbands job every morning was to head the food court with the paper cups provided in the room and get us both a coffee, there are lids for the cups in the food court. The coffee there was lovely and you can add as much milk as you want.

Next year I am going to either ask for a kettle or take a travel one and take our own coffee & coffee mugs because we are trying to be green 👍🏻👍🏻
Might get a travel kettle, I like really strong coffee and DH has the latte ones, so I am guessing there is no way to just have not Water without a kettle? I will take my own coffee
JDT2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List