Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jul 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nomy
Apprentice Imagineer

Nomy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No fastpass available...really?!

Having been brought up using the old fastpass system where you turn up to the park and head to your favourite ride and grab a paper pass. So with our 30 day window opening in a couple of days I thought I'd start checking for available fastpass+, and it's not looking good. As in no fastpass availability at all for TOT for example. So what's the point? You pay a fortune for the tickets and then your only option is to either spend hours in standby queues, or spend most of the time on your phone checking the app - when it works (that's another story). So for a holiday that requires such a lot of planning, it makes it impossible.

So yeah, disappointment is one word I'd use. I could use others, but not here

It would seem that unless your onsite, you have little chance in grabbing a fastpass at all. I can only hope that another two days will make all the difference. But I won't hold my breath.

We last went in 2016 and managed fine. So I can only assume the parks are even busier now.

Obviously the day I'm looking at is 28 days away so the 30 day window has been open a few days and that's my only hope for the explanation.

So my obvious question is, for Friday the 16th Aug, I think my 30 day window opens this Wednesday. So what time can I start making the fastpass selection?

Thanks!
Sept 2010 - Chatham Park DIBB Villa
Oct 2016 - Sunset View, High Grove Dibb Villa

Edited at 01:24 PM.
Nomy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

I think ToT is running a reduced capacity at the moment which might explain things for that ride.
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kipperphill
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Search for tower of terror on here. It is having maintenance so at least half as many fast passes are available.
kipperphill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrsbeth
Helping Mickey

ToT is only working at half capacity at the moment, hence lack of availibility. FoP SWMT and the new SDD will be v difficult at 30 days. We have a short 3 day stay onsite so have managed to get what we wanted at 60 but only pm. The rest of our offsite stay I am planning on waterparks, shopping etc in the morning and parks later and staying for shows etc

12pm is when it opens
Mrsbeth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We too are used to the old fashioned paper style ticket and are going back this year for the first time with the ‘new’ system.

I have been trying to book TOT fastpass since my 30day came up over 2 weeks ago but nothing. It has never been available and I have logged into soooooo many times. I have heard that one of the lifts is out of action at the moment which could be the reason but I am disappointed really as I naively assumed that I would be able to pick 3 at ‘follow on’ times which would work for us.

I have secured 7DMT but at an awkward time, much later than the other two so I am seriously considering getting rid of it and booking something else so that they can follow on- therefore be able to book another fastpass on the day rather then hanging onto 7DMT when most people say it’s over in a flash anyway😳😢
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrsbeth
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
We too are used to the old fashioned paper style ticket and are going back this year for the first time with the ‘new’ system.

I have been trying to book TOT fastpass since my 30day came up over 2 weeks ago but nothing. It has never been available and I have logged into soooooo many times. I have heard that one of the lifts is out of action at the moment which could be the reason but I am disappointed really as I naively assumed that I would be able to pick 3 at ‘follow on’ times which would work for us.

I have secured 7DMT but at an awkward time, much later than the other two so I am seriously considering getting rid of it and booking something else so that they can follow on- therefore be able to book another fastpass on the day rather then hanging onto 7DMT when most people say it’s over in a flash anyway😳😢
We've ridden swmt in a previous visit and are not bothering this time but our children are 21 and 13 so more into 'thrill' rides. I understand those with younger or those who have never ridden being keen though.
Mrsbeth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrsbeth View Post
We've ridden swmt in a previous visit and are not bothering this time but our children are 21 and 13 so more into 'thrill' rides. I understand those with younger or those who have never ridden being keen though.
Thankyou, kids are older too so I think I’ll cancel it and go with something that follows on with my other 2 Fastpasses. I have a FP for Big Thunder Mountain anyway and they do look very similar. I just don’t want to wait all day for 7DMT, not be able to Fastpass anything else and end up disappointed.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
FP selection opens at 12pm. I wouldn’t get too disheartened. People often change plans, especially while there so you can often pick up FP the day before or on the day. You do need to keep refreshing the app but if you do it while queuing I feel like it occupies you during the queue.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nomy
Apprentice Imagineer

Nomy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
FP selection opens at 12pm. I wouldn’t get too disheartened. People often change plans, especially while there so you can often pick up FP the day before or on the day. You do need to keep refreshing the app but if you do it while queuing I feel like it occupies you during the queue.
12pm, thanks.

It's not just TOT though, RRC only shows availability for 6pm. It's pretty much the same for all parks. I was amazed that Mission Space also showed no morning availability, the first being 3pm. And that's not a particularly popular experience.

My only worry with the tap and grab system is that there are 5 of us in the party, so it's less likely that we will be able to grab fast passes for all of us. But you're right, it will occupy us in the queue.

The old system seemed to work really well. I never really understood why they changed it.
Sept 2010 - Chatham Park DIBB Villa
Oct 2016 - Sunset View, High Grove Dibb Villa

Edited at 02:37 PM.
Nomy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Nomy View Post
12pm, thanks.

It's not just TOT though, RRC only shows availability for 6pm. It's pretty much the same for all parks. I was amazed that Mission Space also showed no morning availability, the first being 3pm. And that's not a particularly popular experience.

My only worry with the tap and grab system is that there are 5 of us in the party, so it's less likely that we will be able to grab fast passes for all of us. But you're right, it will occupy us in the queue.

The old system seemed to work really well. I never really understood why they changed it.
You may find more slots if you try to book slots for 2 & 3 people in adjacent time slots. Agree with you though, paper FastPass has some distinct advantages.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List