Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SaintPhilly
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Delta Airlines - any good?

Hi everyone,

Thinking of heading to Florida next year in kids school holidays and looking at alternative airlines to Virgin and TUI. Delta seem to be the cheapest but with 2 young kids my worry is the plane will be poor.

Has anybody any experience of Delta and if so what was the in flight entertainment / food like? Are there screens in the seats or just an screen every few rows?

Any advice would be appreciated
SaintPhilly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you are looking at the Delta website and the flight is direct to MCO then it will be a codeshare with Virgin Atlantic in which case it will be a VS aircraft.

If the flight is indirect then it is more likely to be on Delta.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

We have actually found delta to better than virgin. The staff are older and more experienced. The food, you won’t hear me say this often, was amazing, I still think about their red wine chicken, cream gratin potatoes and spinach now. Like something I would make at home! Way better than virgins offerings.
Ife is much the same I find
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

They say ‘rough air’ instead of turbulence
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

We flew Delta earlier this year, going again in Sept and again next March. Service is fab - no shortage of drinks, food especially good and IFE super. We've been in both economy - a few years back, and more recently in Business class and that really is special - apart from business class with Aer Lingus, none of the others even come close.
I hope you are lucky enough to fly Delta - you will not be disappointed
Old 7 Aug 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

We're flying with Delta on Saturday, from Heathrow to Detroit in Comfort Plus (equivalent to PE or WT+), then connecting to Tampa in First Class.

On the return we are flying First from Tampa to JFK, then Delta One back to Heathrow.

All the reports I've had have been positive, mostly very positive.

We have flown exclusively BA CW for the last 5 years, so quite relieved given the current IT/strike issues they are experiencing.
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes they were great, got back today. Preferred them to Virgin code share flights. Seats comfortable, plenty of leg room and flights departed bang on time.

We flew LHR-JFK-Tampa and return Tampa-Atlanta-LHR.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
They say ‘rough air’ instead of turbulence
We had "flying around nature" yesterday in ref to turbulence!
Old 7 Aug 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
We flew Delta earlier this year, going again in Sept and again next March. Service is fab - no shortage of drinks, food especially good and IFE super. We've been in both economy - a few years back, and more recently in Business class and that really is special - apart from business class with Aer Lingus, none of the others even come close.
I hope you are lucky enough to fly Delta - you will not be disappointed
Our flight from JFK to Tampa was so bumpy they kept the seatbelt sign on all the time for passengers and allowed staff to start drink service but managed 5 rows max and they had to sit down all the way for 2+ hrs.

Was given water and a cookie 15 mins before landing!
Old 7 Aug 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We flew with Virgin to JFK and then Delta for 3 other flights. Jfk to Orlando. Tampa to Atlanta. Atlanta to lhr.

I can’t fault them at all. Great IFE. Food was good. Even on short flights we got a drink and a snack (Cheez It’s. Don’t expect much). And they had TVs on those internal flights as well.

I thought the app was excellent and the level of communication I had for them via the app was superb.

We booked Basic tickets which were very cheap and were more than happy with them.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List