Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mum22boys1girl
Imagineer

Mobile Rucksack Recommendations?

Hello...I need to purchase a bag for our holiday in October. We are a family of 5 and I hope to share carrying one rucksack with my husband.

I'd like it to have a side pocket to stand a drink in (like a mesh bit). I'm after a good airflow as we were in London yesterday and my hub carried my cath kidston one, when he took it off his back was wet through! Would like to try to avoid this if possible, hence the new purchase!

Recommendations welcome! (I'll have a bumbag regardless)

Thanks! X
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
londondisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We've used these on our last 2 visits. They are inexpensive, lightweight but strong and fold up when not in use.
amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

They do not do the one I got now, but these are very good quality for the money and this is similar by the same company- I have now had it 2 years and it is still like new, carry it all over the parks.
amazon/REYLEO-Comp...tewa y&sr=8-4

Edit- link not working, search for Reyleo on Amazon, a grey and black one.
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, Decathlon do some really good backpacks starting at £2.99 and they last forever. You see loads of people in the parks using them.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

We used one of these last Summer amazon/Under-Armou.../dp/B07238B4X7 I think they have been discontinued now but the best features were the separate section in the bottom for wet/dirty stuff which was very handy and 2 long slots for large water bottles.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Anything against you in 90 % humidity will make you sweat.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DJSwitch
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
Anything against you in 90 % humidity will make you sweat.
This is the truth!

As a long time hiker and having gone through a ludicrous amount of rucksacks I can confirm the above.

The only type of pack which is genuinely better for ventilation is one with a trampoline back although these, IMO, aren't really suitable for parks as they require a lightweight frame or stiff back which prevent them from being folded. The negative outweighs the positive here given that, as above, anything against your back will make you sweat in that kind of humidity.

My current park pack is slim so takes up less backspace with two straps and doesn't touch the back at all with one strap. It won't be to everyone's tastes and it's difficult to recommend without knowing how much stuff you intend to bring with you. I can however fully recommend the Fjallraven Abisko Hike 15. It's tough, very comfortable, lightweight, comes with a fitted rain cover, takes 2 drinks bottles, hip belt is optional unlike many other packs of this type and it doesn't make your whole back sweat.

I fully appreciate many will scoff at the idea of spending money on a backpack although it's personally worth it to me as it's something you'll need to carry every day and if it's bad then it can really affect your enjoyment.

DJSwitch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

I use a Camelbak Lobo international.camelbak/e...ca35d6e5883509

Not cheap, but then you get what you pay for. Served us well in Florida and I use it as a day pack for cycling. It’s light, doesn’t fully cover you back which is good, and it has a good amount of space.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mum22boys1girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all...I will look into your recommendations xx
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

Wink

Originally Posted by DanLees View Post
We used one of these last Summer amazon/Under-Armou.../dp/B07238B4X7 I think they have been discontinued now but the best features were the separate section in the bottom for wet/dirty stuff which was very handy and 2 long slots for large water bottles.
Am i reading this right .You are recommending a £220 + rucksack for the parks
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List