Old 13 May 08, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
2 Weeks in Thailand - Saturday 16th Feb - Phuket

Today was a day that we were going to waste most of travelling, a shame but a necessary evil as we wanted to get to Phuket.

We got up, showered and packed our bags before having a last breakfast and checking out.

We were very sad today, we had 3 main stages of our holiday and with 2 over the holiday seemed to be going so quickly, a week had passed 

The driver from the Rarinjinda was ready to take us to the airport so we went and took a few last photos of this amazing hotel and went to the car.

We had tried to pack the bags so that we had as much as possible in our hand luggage, I had left books behind, we had used loads of sun cream, we had our jumpers round our waists, our heaviest shoes on, we were hopeful.

Nope we were still overweight! Oh well we had tried.

There was a man in Chiang Mai airport trying to sell us transfers in Phuket, don’t think so….

We got on the first plane and landed back at Bangkok airport, this place was getting seriously familiar now.

We had to collect our luggage and go and check in again, this lady was trying to tell us overall our bags weighed 3kg more here than they did in Chiang Mai. We showed her our receipts but she wasn’t budging! This was getting expensive.

Our flight to Phuket was delayed which was annoying as we had already wasted this day but there was nothing we could do so we settled down in the corner and read our books for a bit.

Before too long we were on it and landed in Phuket airport. I had been a bit nervous this hol about finding us safe taxis without getting ripped off but we were pros now so went off to the rank.

The taxi driver was purely weird and half way to Kata stopped at a tour guide office and they pounced on the car to try to sell us trips, we told them we had pre-booked everything so they went away and off we set again.

We were really nervous about the hotel as it was our 4th choice or something and the reviews weren’t always amazing. We had stayed in 2 mind blowing hotels as well so was never going to live to it really.

Well when we got there we checked in and the reception area was very nice, we were taken to our room and the e-mail requesting not too many stairs obviously worked because we had one flight of stairs but we could actually just use the lift so it was all fine.

The staff were very smiley too. We were shown to our room, it was obviously not like the other two hotels but it was very pleasant.

We stayed in the Tropical Garden resort by the way in Kata.

It was later than we had hoped it would be and getting pretty dark so we changed and took a wander through Kata.

We had been told Kata was very quiet but there were loads of restaurants and shops etc so we were pleased, it seemed a nice resort, easy to walk to all areas.

We had a quick dinner of pizza then carried on exploring. We had walked quite a way and saw a sign for the beach. We wandered along right to the end of the beach and found this absolutely amazing beach bar. It was called the Ska Bar and was like a reggae bar.

We stopped for a cocktail here and the waves lapped up against the rocks and it was truly heaven. We decided that this was to be our new ‘local’ and that maybe it was the best of the three. It was nice that our three locals were so different. Classy city bar, live music bar and beach bar.

The staff did fire twirling and they were very good at it. Unfortunately its not a very easy thing to take photos of.

The heavens opened and my god did it rain! For some reason we decided to run back to the hotel instead of sitting under the shelter and ordering another drink. We knew that we had done a big circle from the hotel and that there was probably a quicker way but as we didn’t know where we were going we thought we would go the way we knew.

We still laugh about this, why didn’t we wait for the shower to stop? I had a black halterneck, white linen trousers and flip flops on. My hair was down and I looked such a state when we got back to the hotel.

We dried off and watched a bit of tv in bed before falling fast asleep.
Old 13 May 08, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely photos. I never went to Phuket when I was in Thailand so it's nice to read about it.
Old 14 May 08, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I would have probably run back the hotel too, its funny isn't it
you just don't think

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 08, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
I would have probably run back the hotel too, its funny isn't it
you just don't think
Still not one of our cleverer momemts! It stopped raining just as we got back to the hotel
Old 15 May 08, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
brody-maddison
Imagineer

brody-maddison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Glad your hotel turned out to be ok especially after the last two being so nice.
Old 15 May 08, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Your new local sounds very nice!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 08, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List