Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Jun 08, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Don’t touch the money – Day 5 Friday 6th June 2008.

We slept late again today. Getting up at 9.30. After breakfast we went to the hotel beauty salon where Bill booked himself in for a pedicure at 11am. He said to me that I’d better not tell his team when we go back to work as they’d never let him live it down – now would I do that to him
At 11 Bill went off to the salon for his pedicure while I went to the main pool with my book. Bill returned after a while and was very pleased with his ‘new feet’. He had me touch them and yes they were as soft as a babies bottom. All the men gathered round to look and feel them too, much to my amusement. We then spent more time swimming and loafing around, before again taking the boat to the other beach for more snorkeling. Here are more fishy photos:

Following our snorkeling session we returned to our room where we showered and Bill promptly fell asleep, while I read my book (boy we enjoy the high life ). We fancied going into Naama Bay again in the evening so we went out just as it was getting dark (about 7.30) hoping it would be cooler then. The temperature hit 49 Celsius on this day and we were just sooo hot. We got a taxi from the hotel into Naama Bay, negotiating the price of 25 Egyptian pounds first (about 2.50 in sterling). We asked the driver if he could collect us at 10 and he agreed to pick us up at the hotel opposite to where he’d dropped us off. Bill agreed a price of 30 Egyptian pounds for doing so.
Off we went around Naama Bay, now where would we eat? Well we both really wanted another thick shake so the Hard Rock Café it was. As we walked towards the HRC we stopped by a man who asked us to come into his bar to smoke hubbly bubbly. We laughed and just said ‘no thanks’ He asked us our names and if we liked Egypt. We said we liked it very much and would return in the future. He asked me if we had a daughter, when I said we did he asked if he could marry her. Bill immediately went into barter mode and asked him ‘how much?’ He said he would give us 5 million camels for her. Bill said that was not enough so he offered 5 million camels and 2 chickens. We had a bit more banter with him before moving on as we were hungry and the HRC was calling us.
Upon reaching the Hard rock we were seated straight away and once again we ordered nachos to start with. Bill had steak fajitas and I had the grilled chicken breast, then we both had the vanilla thick shakes. Oh yes I also had a frozen Pina Colada which was very welcome after the hot day. Once again our meal was delicious, I was also pleased to have a very nice selection of mixed vegetables served with my chicken, mushrooms and mashed potatoes. We spent a good couple of hours in the HRC just eating, watching the music screens and being entertained by the servers, who really went over the top in performing ‘YMCA’ when that video was on.

At no point were we ever rushed and we found this to be the case in all of the different places (not that there were many) we tried. We felt welcome everywhere and it was nice not ever being rushed. Following our meal we went back to where the taxi had dropped us off and crossed the road to the hotel where the driver said he’s pick us up. Hmm now here was a potential problem as all the taxis were white with a blue block on either side of the front and rear wings. They all looked the same to me and I said this to Bill. ‘It’s OK’ said Bill ‘ours had an alloy wheel dangling from the inside mirror’. There were lots of taxis pulling up, dropping people off and picking others up. As it was dark it was difficult to see if there was anything hanging from the interior mirror. A car drew up and sure enough it had an alloy wheel dangling. Bill was sure that was our car. I didn’t think so but we got in anyway. ‘Hi’ said Bill greeting him like a long lost friend. As we were be driven along I remarked to Bill that I was certain the other car had leather seats not fabric ones like the one we were in now. Bill reluctantly agreed with me as he realized we were in a different car with a different driver Hmm we didn’t negotiate a price with this guy then, so he could charge what he liked. We arrived back at the hotel and Bill gave him 40 Egyptian pounds which didn’t produce an argument so we reckoned he must have been happy with that. It was way too hot for us to sit outside so we sat in the nicely air conditioned bar inside and enjoyed a Stella before calling it a day and returning to our room for the night.

Edited at 08:52 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 08, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Great pics, have to laugh at all the guys and Bills feet
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 08, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by highlander447 View Post
Great pics, have to laugh at all the guys and Bills feet
It made me laugh too Steve
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 08, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like a great holiday - the snorkelling photos are fantastic.
Old 11 Jun 08, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SusieK View Post
Sounds like a great holiday - the snorkelling photos are fantastic.
It was fantastic and unlike the cold water at discovery Cove the Red Sea was lovely and warm.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Another good day and nice meal - pity there is no photo of the bikers checking out Bill's pedicured feet!
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lol at the men looking at Bill's feet

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Did he accept the offer for your daughter?
Old 12 Jun 08, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Good for bill getting a pedicure - it is all about being metrosexual these days another lovely day and loved the fish piccies x
Old 12 Jun 08, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

So will Bill be getting a regular pedicure now? Love the pics of the fish.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List